Forum rally 2011 in Texas hill country.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

29er

Ron and Shirley Maribito suggested maybe the next Forum rally be held in Texas hill country above San Antonio.
At the time they got nowhere, not exactly tarred and feathered, but close.
After reading about the "problems" with Moab 2011, maybe it's time to rethink the location?? Maybe some place around Borne or Comfort??
The Forum has boots on the ground in that location and could give us a report.
East coast and left coast coincide there.
Just a thought.......No rock throwing, please.

Kerry

We've had 2 rallies in the Hill Country, last year in April and just last month.

Kerry,
Feel free to organize one.  Anybody can hold a forum rally - just pick your date and location, make the arrangements with the campground (if required) and announce it here.  It's sort of "Build it and they will come..."

Kerry, not at all.  Go for it if you want to.

29er said:
Ron and Shirley Maribito suggested maybe the next Forum rally be held in Texas hill country above San Antonio.

Kerry,
I don't think Ron was chastised ( tarred and feathered)  for his offer of leadership.  We were simply  asking who would be willing to step us a leader of a rally and with the big silence, Ron jumped in offering Texas as a rally.  As Gary suggested ANYONE  on the RV Forum can  hold a rally with  simply  suggesting the time and place.

I was honored with Beth's nomination to be a  rally leader  but I have  done so many that I want to give other the chance of " leadership."  Likely I will gravitate to the ' Moab area next spring but only because we have a " new" jeep that needs some serious trails to  traverse.  If Texas is an interest , promote it and they will come!

Betty

We would prefer to go to Texas since we don't 4-wheel and stopped at Moab for years going to and from Wyoming.

I am still ready to host a Hill Country Rally next April.  My thinking is to have 5 days each at two locations.  Marble Falls, TX  and Kerrville, TX.  There are loads of things to do in this location.  I tend to do more planning of activities as opposed to just letting it happen.  If you all are interested, let me know.  I need to get the campground reservations working right away.

My computer went down on the Hop, Skip and Jump and I need to get that remedied right now and also prepare to a show in Blanco, TX on June 11,12 & 13th.  I can then work getting everything in order.

Perhaps we can get some of the Easterners to come here for a rally along with those from the West.

Ron from big D

I will be in Texas next April and I would like to attend a rally if there is one there that month. There are lots of birds to photograph in Texas.

Ron from Big D said:
I am still ready to host a Hill Country Rally next April.  My thinking is to have 5 days each at two locations.  Marble Falls, TX  and Kerrville, TX.  There are loads of things to do in this location.  I tend to do more planning of activities as opposed to just letting it happen.  If you all are interested, let me know.  I need to get the campground reservations working right away.

Ron

We have to be in Las Vegas from 4/18-22 and Goshen, IN by 5/10. Wendy's 4 Corners rally is better for us geographically, but if that doesn't work out, we may swing down if your dates fit.

Ron,
I think it's a good idea, but my experience is that if you wait for people to people to approve ahead of time, it will never happen. Schedule the affair, including dates and site, and see what happens. You can always cancel if  there is insufficient interest.

"Build it and they will come".

If you schedule this, we would try to include this in our plans.

Ron,

Our plans for next spring are still very loose but I do know we have to come to TX as we have GGrand kids there in Killeen.  If we go south to AZ & CA next winter we will be headed to TX in late March or very early April.  We would love to hook up with Framily in a rally. 

We will then head east to see the Grand kids and GGrand kids in VA so will also try to stop and see more Framily on the way!!

The Texas Rally would begin about the 15th of April.  I will go to work on setting this thing up and post all the information ASAP.

Ron from Big D

All,

Those of us who continued on to Moab after Capitol Reef have started a rally which will be held at Portal RV Resort on May 8-15, 2011.  Four got reservations while there and eight have now signed up.  Please see the following thread.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=31848.msg300445#msg300445

ArdraF

Count me in, that is exactly when I will be in central Texas.

Ron from Big D said:
The Texas Rally would begin about the 15th of April.  I will go to work on setting this thing up and post all the information ASAP.

That would be good timing for me, Ron. If all goes well for me this year, I plan to visit my Sister in Austin about that time.

Ron:
  Thanks for picking up the slack. Not having been there for over thirty years there's no way I could organize anything as "boots on the ground" could.  Count on Beth and me coming.
  Not sure what a rally on the 15th of April has to do with a rally on the 8th of May.
  Pulled out the Rand McNally and it looks like a easy drive, with lots to see, from Kerrville to Moab.
  But then again I could be wrong.

Kerry & Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom