RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be great to see any and all of you that can make it!!! We are scheduled to have our inverter problem fixed next week in Ohio.

Anybody want/need our site?? We haven't actually called yet but will do so very soon. The inverter fix will take a couple of month's wages. Hope there's enough left for fuel! ;D

If all goes as planned, we're heading out tomorrow.  Don't have reservations and may end up staying at a BLM site while in Moab.  Still would like to stop by and say hello.  We'd consider one of the recently vacated sites but don't know if they'd allow our bumper pull trailer.  In any event, it looks like the weather is going to cooperate so it should be a great rally.  Hope everyone enjoys and we're looking forward to seeing a few of our friends and meeting the rest. 

Gary

garyb1st said:
If all goes as planned, we're heading out tomorrow.  Don't have reservations and may end up staying at a BLM site while in Moab.  Still would like to stop by and say hello.  We'd consider one of the recently vacated sites but don't know if they'd allow our bumper pull trailer.  In any event, it looks like the weather is going to cooperate so it should be a great rally.  Hope everyone enjoys and we're looking forward to seeing a few of our friends and meeting the rest. 

Gary

Gary,

We have to cancel our reservations. If you want them, let me know and we'll tell the office you will take them.

Jim, I don't think the park allows travel trailers in the premium side.  If they make an exception, I'd be interested.  Not for the whole week but at least 3 or 4 days. 
Thanks 

Dick, they would not book us on the side where you have a reservation.  No exceptions per Aly.  But who knows.  Maybe you can convince them to allow us to take your spot.  If so, tell them to transfer my reservation to your site.  We have booked on the other side from Saturday the 7th leaving Thur. the 12th.  If you have any luck, we can stay the entire week. 

Reservation under Gary Brucker.  Send me an email at [email protected] if you have any luck.  We're heading out soon but will check the internet when we get connected.  That will likely be Saturday the 30th when we'll be near a large city. 

Good luck.     

Gary Brucker - So it looks like I should add you to the attendees list?  Are you the Gary whose other half is Maria?  If so, I had you as possibles without a last name.  I'll add you to the list.  Let me know your current site number so I can add it and also add you to the site number listing.  I suspect Portal will keep you on the "old" side.

ArdraF

ATTENDEES LIST - RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

Berry (Marilee & Dick), site M-29
Bertram (Christi & Kim), site M-17
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Brucker (Maria? & Gary), site ?
Bullock (Phil & Doris?), site M-16
Dick (Pat & Jim), site M-21
Down (Liza & Ray), site M-20
Ferguson (Coleen & Gary), site R-47
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-19
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Mahoney (Russ), site 5
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don), site M-30
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site R-57
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill), site M-32
Schneider (Lou), site 22
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site R-54
Wagner (Judy & Mike), site R-55
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site 17
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site M-14
West (Marge & Dan), site 25
White (Tara & Ernie), site M-34
? Chrystal & Mike, site M-31 (surname?)

Possible:  Maria & Gary

Well, we left for Moab this morning.  We're in Pigeon Forge TN tonight.  Going into Great Smoky Mtn National Park tomorrow, then heading west on Monday.
Mike Wagner

It finally dawned on us that we will need to leave Moab on the 13th in order to get to West Yellowstone in time to be ready to start our new jobs.

I'll be calling Portal in a few minutes to let them know we'll be departing on the 13th.  Our site is M-30 if anyone can use it the 13th and 14th.

See you all soon.

Don

I see us still on the list... not only have we cancelled our reservation, many times... but we are in the midst of a "blizzard" here... supposed to be 17deg F tonight.  At least it is not a tornado!

I get the feeling I must have insulted the Big Karma Machine.

Attachments

• May Blizzard_Medium.JPG
    May Blizzard_Medium.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 38

Brucker (Maria? & Gary), site ?
Mahoney (Russ), site 5
Schneider (Lou), site 22

Possible:  Maria & Gary

I've removed the Dicks (M-21) and the Fergusons (R-47) who won't be able to join us.  :'(

ArdraF

Hi Ardra, yes, it is Gary and Maria.  Portal would not give us an assigned spot but we are on the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak.  We just got into Canyon De Chelly which is a few hours South of you.  We'll spend a few nights and then move on.  We plan on being in Moab Saturday.  Hope the weather is a bit warmer than here.  Sunny and windy but a bit on the cool side.  Actually it's quite warm compared to the 17 deg Taoshum reported.  Burr. 

Gary - We're 120 miles north of you in Cortez and the lows have been in the low 20s every night for the past week. Right now it's trying to snow but it's not sticking. Hopefully this storm passes thru and there aren't any other behind it and we can have marvelous weather in Moab.

As for being on "the other side of the tracks," you'll be close to the pavilion and happy hour while most of us will have to tromp halfway across the entire park !

Wendy

Brucker (Maria & Gary), site ?
Mahoney (Russ), site 5
Schneider (Lou), site 22

I've removed the Dicks (M-21) and the Fergusons (R-47) who won't be able to join us.

See you in Moab!

ArdraF

ATTENDEES LIST BY SITE NUMBER - RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

Mahoney (Russ), site 5
Schneider (Lou), site 22
Brucker (Maria & Gary, site ?

? (Chrystal & Mike), site M-31

Wendy said:
Gary - We're 120 miles north of you in Cortez and the lows have been in the low 20s every night for the past week. Right now it's trying to snow but it's not sticking. Hopefully this storm passes thru and there aren't any other behind it and we can have marvelous weather in Moab.

As for being on "the other side of the tracks," you'll be close to the pavilion and happy hour while most of us will have to tromp halfway across the entire park !

Wendy

Happy Hour, what's that?  We're on an Indian Reservation and I'm not sure but I don't think they allow Happy Hour.  I know they don't allow alcohol.  lol

Wendy, we're probably heading North in a day or two.  Do you know of any public campgrounds BLM etc., between Canyon De Chelley and Moab.  I'm still trying to digest $4.60+ diesel prices in So Cal and finding low cost campgrounds makes it easier to swallow.  Looking forward to seeing you and the group. 

Gary

I've always wondered if the "no booze on the rez" rules applied to the alcohol in my RV. We're stayed in plenty of places on the rez and I never dumped the wine cellar before crossing the border :)

There's a tribal campground, no hookups, and a private campground with hookups at Monument Valley. Spectacular scenery. Just west of Bluff Utah there's a BLM campground on the San Juan River. Great petroglyph panel there. Between Blanding UT and Monticello UT, there's a Forest Service campground. No hookups but a lot of nice big paved sites. There's also a campground in Canyonlands Nat Park, off the highway between Monticello and Moab but it's quite a ways off the highway. And there are private campgrounds in Bluff, Blanding and Monticello.

Enjoy the scenery. See you in a week.
Wendy
Cortez, CO

Back
Top Bottom