RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google "Gouldings" for info at Monument valley, very nice campgrounds, (upper and lower) large super market, gas station, very nice restaurant, motel, and all very well run by the Navajo nation.>>>Dan

utahclaimjumper said:
Google "Gouldings" for info at Monument valley, very nice campgrounds, (upper and lower) large super market, gas station, very nice restaurant, motel, and all very well run by the Navajo nation.>>>Dan

This is a nice campground.  We just stayed at Gouldings in March for three days.  Wonderful and friendly people and very intersting and scenic area.  My wife says it is now one of her (many) favorite places to go.  Mike.

We've stayed at Gouldings a number of times and always had problems with maneuvering around the park with our 41 footer plus toad. Terry Brewer finally convinced us to move over to the dry camping area at the Monument Valley Visitor Center. A little bumpy to get to and, with park fees, probably not much cheaper than Gouldings but the view is to die for.

If you should take the route thru Monument Valley (which is not the most direct route from Canyon de Chelley to Moab), there's a great place to park overnight (free boondocking) at Goosenecks State Park near Mexican Hat.

Wendy

Wendy, we're at Sandy Landing, BLM at the San Juan River.  Thank you so much for the tip.  This is a great spot.  We even have internet.  Woot. 

Gary

Be sure to go look at the petroglyph panel at Sand Island. And visit Bluff. There's some interesting history there including the original Bluff Fort. And if you get a chance, do try to visit the ancestral dwellings (i.e. Anasazi ruins) that are across the river from St Christopher's Mission, just west of Bluff on Hwy 162. There used to be a hanging bridge you crossed to get there but it collapsed a few years ago and I don't think it's ever been rebuilt. Ask some locals for directions if you decide you want an interesting, lovely hike to the cliff dwellings.

See you in a couple of days.
Wendy

Oops,  Sand Island it is.  Three nights, 10 feet from the river at $5.00 per.  Age does have its benes.  Drove through Valley of the Gods and stopped at Goose Neck State Park for a look see.  We're going to hike to the petroglyphs tomorrow and will likely visit the Anasazi ruins.  Thanks again Wendy.  See ya Sat.

Gary

Enroute to Moab!

Pagosa Springs, Wolf Creek Run, super place!! New owners, first week of operation!

Backed up on the San Juan River until Sunday morning when we will come across Durango for Cortez and Moab!

The scenery is gorgeous!

Attachments

• DSC_0047  wolf creek pass forum.jpg
    DSC_0047 wolf creek pass forum.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0064 san juan forum.jpg
    DSC_0064 san juan forum.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 29
There is a BLM campground IN Moab, but I can't give definite directions as it's been a number of years since we've been there.  The approach road is at the southern end of town, and you drive by the "lake" and the cg backs up against the mountains on the east side.  It is fairly new, about 4-5 years (maybe longer) has waterfalls and is quite picturesque.  Usual no electric or sewers but has water & dump available.

Daisy

To all
Have a great time in Moab, don't forget, easy drive right up here to Yellowstone, be sure to do an overnight at Antelope Island, then a stop at Smith & Edwards, they have everything you need, cuz if they don't have it, you don't need it.

Hi,
If anyone should need a space, ours is unfortunately available (M34 as I recall). Tara's mom took a turn for the worse and we have made a flying trip to North Dakota. It looks as if we'll be here for a while.
Really hurts to miss this one, but there are reasonable Priorities!
Have a great week, we'll keep up with what's happening,
Ernie

Sorry to hear about Tara's mom.  Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers.

My Mom and I got back last night from our 9 day trip to visit her relatives in New Jersey and Florida.  I'm currently sitting in the Oakland Airport waiting for my flight to Las Vegas, I'll pick up my car there then go "over the hump" to Pahrump to retrieve my motorhome, then head out towards Moab.  I should get there Sunday evening unless I decide to stop overnight along the way.

Ernie and Tara  - I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to Moab.  These unfortunate things do happen.  As they say, been there, done that and it's never fun.  Hope things go as well as can be expected.

Gary and Maria - Thanks for letting us know you're the first one to arrive.  You can check in the rest of us!  ::)  We'll arrive Sunday afternoon, along with the rest of the crew who are at Monument Valley.

ArdraF

ATTENDEES LIST - RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

Berry (Marilee & Dick), site M-29
Bertram (Christi & Kim), site M-17
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Brucker (Maria & Gary), site 19
Bullock (Phil & Doris?), site M-16
Down (Liza & Ray), site M-20
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-19
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Mahoney (Russ), site 5
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don), site M-30
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site R-57
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill), site M-32
Schneider (Lou), site 22
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site R-54
Wagner (Judy & Mike), site R-55
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site 17
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site M-14
West (Marge & Dan), site 25
? Chrystal & Mike, site M-31 (surname?)

I've removed the Dicks (M-21), Fergusons (R-47), and Whites (M-34) who won't be able to join us.

Back
Top Bottom