RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gmsboss1 said:
Please help us solve a knotty problem.

Mary Ann has a knitting project almost finished but needs 2 double pointed number 2 knitting needles to wrap it up.  If you are at Moab and can lend her these needles for a couple of days it would make my life much easier!

Thanks!

Don

I have a set and would be glad to lend them.  A few months ago I bought a big collection of needles at a yard sale.  I just checked and there are some #2 dp needles in the bag.  We're on site 18 (not 17).

Jeannine

Ernie,

Our sincerest condolences. It hurts when they leave us, but it can also be a blessing for them if they're relieved of pain and suffering.

Tom & Chris

So sorry to hear about your mom.  Please accept our sympathies at this very difficult time.  It is always hard to loose a parent.

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. 

Don's Mom passed a couple years ago in similar circumstances and while we still miss her, it was a relief to see an end to her suffering and to know that she is in a far better place.

You are in our prayers for peace and comfort during this sad time.

Don and Mary Ann

The Rally Has Begun.....

Here are a few web sites you might want to visit.

http://www.discovermoab.com/archesnationalpark.htm

http://www.discovermoab.com/byways.htm

http://www.discovermoab.com/

http://www.utaharches.com/AtoZ.php

http://www.rr4w.com/pageview.aspx?id=27632

This last one is the red rock 4 wheel club, who help maintain the trails is Moab. Click on trails from the menu bar, and it will give you a description of the trail ratings. For some if the trails.

Happy Reading
Barb

Hey Moab participants,
I just phoned Ray and Liza and they are not coming.  True RVers they had a problem with their motorhome.  Something about a hole in the roof which requird fabricating a repair...... Sigh and he had just raised his  vehicle  with a 2 inch lift in preparation for the rally.  They are dissappointed as are we.

Next time.

Betty

Well we held our first happy  hour at 4:15 in the Portal RVPark Pavillion.  Introductions were made and we have LOTS of folks on this rally for whom  Moab is a first time event.  Kim suggested we have " Moab 101"  for the new folks.  Several activities were suggested.  Some hikes determined and at least one off road trip is planned for tomorrow pending the prediction ( 80%) chance of rain.  Who believes those weather people?  Sheila was giving Mimi lesson on her convection oven  inspite of the fact that Mimi has had the coach for  several years she  has not yet read the manual so  Sheila to the rescue.  Oh yes when will we have that crock pot class for RVForum cooks?

A few activites are being researched, a meal at the Purple Pig?  .. an outing on the Colorado  River (either a  night  light and sound trip or a day time Jet boat trip.)  Movies if it rains,  cleaning the red dirt out of rigs if you were in Monument Valley for the  prior 4 days.  So much fun so little time.

Betty

Terry and Russ in rig watching Formula One Race..... sigh no dinner out tonight...

After pigging out at the Blue Pig (good stuff!), Don showed Christi and I a section of this trail ( http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/archesloop.htm ), and since it is paved for a great part, we will do it on our hybrid bikes from the entry point just past the Colorado River bridge.

And after pigging out, it is now required or get higher load rated tires for the coach!! I am going to try to get in an early short ride (less than an hour) Monday morning. If you want to tag along, slow stuff!! Email or PM...

BOOK SWAP - I'm bringing a pile of books to Happy Hour tomorrow (and every night until they're gone). Don't necessarily want to swap but sure do want to get rid of the excess weight :)

Wendy

Monday May 9th events:

10:00 a.m.  Four wheel drive to Eye of the Whale and Tower.  Bring lunch, water, and chairs.  See Barb Weimert for details.

10:00 a.m.  Hike down Park Avenue in Arches N.P.  We should have enough cars to drop some people off at the top of Park Avenue while others drive to the end of the trail and park, with drivers coming back to the top in one car.  Wear sturdy shoes and carry some water.  It usually takes about an hour which allows time to drive through Arches and explore the various viewpoints.  If you opt to continue into the park, carry a lunch.

Entry into both Arches and Canyonlands is less expensive if each car has a least one person with a National Parks Senior Pass.  We generally try to have one Senior Pass per car.

4:15 p.m.  Happy Hour at the Pavillion.  Come with ideas and/or questions on what you want to do for the remainder of the week.

ArdraF

Tara,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  Even though we all know "it" is coming, it's still hard to prepare for the loss of a parent.  I'm glad for you that you got there in time to say goodbye.  How ironic that happened on Mother's Day!  Take care and do what you need to do.  We'll be thinking of you and hope happy memories help reduce the sadness.

ArdraF

ATTENDEES LIST - RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

Berry (Marilee & Dick aka TheBerrys), site M-29  ARRIVED
Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking), site M-20  ARRIVED
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4  ARRIVED
Brucker (Maria & Gary), site 19  ARRIVED
Bullock (Phil & Doris?), site M-16  ARRIVED
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13  ARRIVED
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17  ARRIVED
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46  ARRIVED
Mahoney (Russ), site 5  ARRIVED
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka GMSboss), site M-30  ARRIVED
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site R-57  ARRIVED
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill), site M-32
Schneider (Lou), site 22
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site R-54  ARRIVED
Wagner (Judy & Mike aka Ceemike), site R-55  ARRIVED
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site 18  ARRIVED
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site M-14  ARRIVED
West (Marge & Dan aka Utahclaimjumper), site 25  ARRIVED
? Chrystal & Mike, site M-31 (surname?)

I've removed the Dicks (M-21), Fergusons (R-47), Whites (M-34), and Downs (M-20),  who won't be able to join us.

Please check to be sure we have your correct site number. 

ATTENDEES LIST BY SITE NUMBER - RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 8-15, 2011

Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4  ARRIVED
Mahoney (Russ), site 5  ARRIVED
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site 18  ARRIVED
Brucker (Maria & Gary), site 19  ARRIVED
Schneider (Lou), site 22
West (Marge & Dan aka Utahclaimjumper), site 25  ARRIVED

FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13  ARRIVED
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site M-14  ARRIVED
Bullock (Phil & Doris?), site M-16  ARRIVED
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17  ARRIVED
Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking), site M-20  ARRIVED
Berry (Marilee & Dick), site M-29  ARRIVED
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don), site M-30  ARRIVED
? (Chrystal & Mike), site M-31
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill), site M-32

Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46  ARRIVED
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site R-54  ARRIVED
Wagner (Judy & Mike aka Ceemike), site R-55  ARRIVED
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site R-57  ARRIVED

Tara, sorry for the loss of your mother.  Our prayers are with you and your family at this time.  Mike.

Maria and I are thinking it's probably a good day to sample some wine.  Not sure when they're open and usually don't start drinking until after I've had my coffee.  Maybe after lunch? 

Wendy, as we all know the weatherman lied!  :'(  The 30 percent chance of rain at this moment is 100 percent.  And, how 'bout those winds last night.  Glad I took in all my whirly-gigs!  My weather radio actually gave an alert this morning when I turned it on.  Snow at higher elevations so I hope the late arrivals don't run into problems.

I sure don't want to do the hike in the rain, and I'm assuming the others don't want to either, so I think we'll probably cancel that.  The trail is probably muddy and since it follows the low point of the canyon probably also very wet.

Are the Weimerts cancelling the 4WD ride?  If so, today will be a bust in term of activities.  Maybe the new people will want to go into town when it clears up and stop at the visitor center.  Someone mentioned a "Moab 101" for newbies.  We could use the pavillion for that if it stops raining.  Another mentioned movies.  If you need to go grocery shopping, City Market is a Kroger store.  The other one (Village Market?) I think is an independent.  Walker's Drugs is a general store where we find things we can't find anywhere else.

Has anyone found the Roscoes who were supposed to be in M-32 and Chrystal & Mike who were supposed to be in M-31?  Also, if you go by an unusual online name and I haven't noted that, please let me know so we can place your moniker with your face.

ArdraF
;D ;D

We talked with the folks in M-31 last night and found that they are here as part of an FMCA group from last week.  They are leaving this morning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom