What do you put your camper on when you pull your truck out from underneath it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JollyGreen

What do you put your camper on when you pull your truck out from underneath it and still stay in the TC?
I will be at a paintball event for a full week and I want to move my truck out from under it and put it all the way down near the ground.

If the ground is flat and level, you could lay down some 6x6 sleepers. Be sure the jacks will allow it to be lowered that far. Whatever you use make sure they stay put.

Short timbers laid cross wise on the ground to set the camper on. I would suggest three to keep the floor from sagging. Make sure the camper does not nose over when you climb into bed. :eek:

My father had a pair of horses made to put under his Elkhorn.  They are made out of 3" and 4" channel, and they easily hold his 4000+ lb camper.  They are the roughly the same height as his F350, so this way when he pulls the truck out he can just slide the horses in and then lower the camper down, and then walk away.

The 6X6 idea is good but heavy, and where do you carry them.  Some 6x6 blocks and 2x8 planks work well,  saw horses tend to be jiggly.

Back
Top Bottom