Can't go yet....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Guess we'll have to wait for these to hatch before we head out on our next trip.

Wendy

Attachments

• IMG_2290 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2290 (Small).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2289 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2289 (Small).JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 80
Or you could have an omelet and head out tomorrow morning. :D

My vote is to wait until the babies hatch,...... document and send photos along the way .  NO way could you  digest an omelet  made of this sort.

You needed to finish that kitchen remodel anyway. 

Love ya

Betty

Perhaps a webcam with a long USB extension into the house and 24x7 coverage? Put it in your desktop and then y'all could take short trips and still see what's happening in real time.

If we go on any short trips, it'll have to be in the VW or the G3 cuz that little nest is on the motorhome ladder ! Hope they're hatched and gone by June 5th cuz that's about the time we're headed to Utah. I may have to be out there giving the little fledglings flying lessons :)

Wendy

Wendy, you HAFTA stay so we all know what hatches!  Keep your camera at the ready.

ArdraF

We had a close call while set up in Des Moines last week as it only took them overnight to build a nest, but luckily there were no eggs, only mad robins when we tore it apart, said good by to Russ, and went along our way.  I don't think the border patrol would have accepted the excuse that we couldn't move because we had to wait for the eggs to hatch (don't know what6 we would have done if we were in Arizona and were too late)

Well here's why I can't go, and stuff is just starting to come off.  This is this mornings haul, had to wash everything before taking it in, the hard rain covered everything with sand.

Also my 3 chickens must be happy and content, they lay huge eggs and follow me around.

I could fertilize the beans and probably get a couple more big pickings, but thinking no, this will likely yield 10 quarts at least.  The snow peas will be frozen.  Turnips eaten raw and some cooked with bacon.  Vegetables for wonderful salads.  I love a garden, but want to go too, real conflict. 

I think that is very thoughtful to let the little ones hatch before leaving, just better hope they don't come back next year, might want to cover that area.

Attachments

• The bounty from my garden today 001.JPG
    The bounty from my garden today 001.JPG
    542.2 KB · Views: 41
  • My big chickie eggs 001.JPG
    My big chickie eggs 001.JPG
    481.6 KB · Views: 38
The babies have hatched. Fortunately, the nest is mostly on the step ladder Mike has hanging on the MH ladder so we think we can take the step ladder off and hang it from the garage. Just hope Momma Bird is smart enough to see where we put it ! Will have to get out there tomorrow and take a picture....not that they look like anything yet :)

We should be leaving here in 5 or 6 days, going to Monticello, Blanding, Natural Bridges, Hanksville, and then Annabelle. Or we'll go north to Moab and I-70 and go that way to Richfield then Annabelle. We'll go one way and come the other way but not sure yet which is which.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom