Holy Smokes it's going to Snow!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

It is starting to cool down here in Michigan.  Cold weather coming in from Chicago.  Looks like light snow in the next 24 hours.  With other things going on I have been caught flat footed.  The RV (aka van) is still in our drive with water in the tank, battery not topped off or awning removed.  Should be in in storage lot now....will be in 1-2 days!!!!  Must get into "gear" and get it winterized and stored!!!!!!  Maybe we should move to Florida or get more energy!!!

Best solution is to winterize by driving south to the Southwest.  No bugs, no snow, no freezing temps, and no hurricanes.  ;D ;D ;)

Ron said:
Best solution is to winterize by driving south to the Southwest.  No bugs, no snow, no freezing temps, and no hurricanes.

And, no flash floods or rattlesnakes. 

OH WAIT.  We do have flash floods and rattlesnakes.  ;)

Phil

Hi Guys

I am still planning the route for our RV tour next year.

Here's what we have so far :-

Leaving Florida in early February
Enter Canada in early May
Calgary Stampede in July
Las Vegas mid-October (my 40th Birthday).

What would you guys suggest is the farthest north we can go at this time of the year and to avoid the bad weather ?

Im thinking that we will go November thru to January/February from Vegas to Florida, but zig-zagging north and south from west to east (does that make sense?).

So, just how far can we "zig-zag" north in November and December ?

Thanks

Paul

So, just how far can we "zig-zag" north in November and December ?

<putting on Weather Wizard 3rd-Class hat>

You can bet on nothing north of I-10 in December.? ?If you have the weather breaking good for you, I-40 thru from Kingman thru to Albuquerque is doable if you keep an eye on the Weather Channel's tracking of the Pacific storms.

The issue is more altitude than latitude in the West.? I-10 is not only south but it is also low -- maxing out at around 4500 going over the continental divide.? ?There is a fair bit of sightseeing along it.? Nothing compared to 40, but OK.?

Len and Jo said:
It is starting to cool down here in Michigan.  Cold weather coming in from Chicago.  Looks like light snow in the next 24 hours.  With other things going on I have been caught flat footed.

Snowing here in Detroit this AM when I got up,  RV on the pad, antifreeze in the tanks and lines, battery fully charged (and on float) Awning fully retracted (Power awning) Did it all over a week ago..... Glad I did too

Other than possibly moving it forward 20 feet or so so I can move some concrete pads I won't be moving the MH again till New Years Day.... Then I'll move it ahead about 20 feet so I can hook up the towed... Then on Jan 2 we hit the road....Long about jan-3 or jan-4 I'll put water in the tanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom