Youngest Rally Attendee PRESTON Spotted in West Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

This morning, as we were preparing to leave Grizzly RV in West Yellowstone MT, I heard Jerry open the door and call out that I had a visitor.  Imagine my surprise to see our Hop-Skip charmer Preston!  He came bounding in and I got a big grin and an even bigger hug.  After talking about motorhomes vs. 5ers, he went to the bedroom to visit Geoffrey the Giraffe and this time he wanted to know why Geoffrey has antlers!  I had to admit I didn't know whether the things giraffes have growing on top of their heads are called antlers because most antlers grow bigger and giraffes' don't.  So, people, we have an assignment.  We need to find out what those things on giraffes' heads are called and are they antlers?  If we cross paths again I know Preston will remember to ask.  ;)

I promised Preston I would be sure to tell Miss Betty, Miss Linda, and all the others that I saw him.  Oh yes, Bob and Susan came along for a visit.  He's still full of energy and keeps them on their toes.

ArdraF

According to the San Diego zoo:

Both male and female giraffes have two distinct, hair-covered horns called ossicones. Male giraffes use their horns to playfully fight with one another. As male giraffes age, calcium deposits form on their skulls and other horn-like bumps develop. Giraffes can have up to three of these large bumps, two in the rear of the skull and one in the forehead region, so that it may look like they have five horn

Hey guys! 
You can spot attendees from last years Hop at the OF VC , today or tomorrow.  Jolene and I are in the park.  You coming in?  We work at the Old Faithful Visitor Center. 

It is snowing inside right now.

Be sure to check out the photos at the hardware store, our friend Pam is a great photog.

ArdraF said:
I promised Preston I would be sure to tell Miss Betty, Miss Linda, and all the others that I saw him.  Oh yes, Bob and Susan came along for a visit.  He's still full of energy and keeps them on their toes.ArdraF

Ardra,

Thanks for  the message.  That little guy is so cute.  I do hope we see Bob and or Susan on the Forum so we can keep up. 

Betty
with a new refrigerator in Oregon
Still raining 43.

Betty, Donna want to know why you need a new frig, at 43, all you need to do is set your stuff outside.  We are in the UP of Michigan, and ready to cross tomorrow.  Sorry we missed Preston, but I'm sure we'll get a chance at some point.

Ed

Ardra,

Tell Bob and/or Susan to get on The Forum. And, if they won't do it, let Preston keep us up to date on their travels.

And Betty, I actually wish that I was somewhere where the temp is only 43, since that's way better than the 90 degrees with 30 to 40 mph winds that we've had in North Platte, NE today. But in spite of the weather here, I was impressed by the Bailey train yard. For anyone traveling Interstate 80, The Union Pacific railroad operates the world's largest train yard here in North Platte. And the Wal Mart has a hugh parking lot with plenty of room for us RVers. We may even want to think about having a rally here!

Randy

Ned - Thanks for the great explanation!  I LOVE the San Diego Zoo.  Now I'll be prepared.

Randy - As we were parting Susan said Bob had been bugging her to get on the RV Forum because she's the better typist.  I too hope one of them stays active.

Betty - So glad you posted your photos of the rally that included Preston so I could share them with Sam.  Ron didn't get to see the pictures but enjoyed hearing about Preston.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom