Residential Refrig Install-Happy days are here again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mphy98 said:
Just a question.  What keeps the doors latched?  Does that model have a latching door?

As Lou said most refrigerators do not have secure latches and many of the ones added after market  spoiled " the look" of my refrigerato so we invented  a compromise for travel days.

We rigged up a bungee cord with a small dowel that sits between the top  freezer door and the  bottom regular door and holds one end of the cruved  bungie cord.    Then I attach the other end to a  bracket screwed into the top wooden cupboard around corner on the wall.  I used a piece of foam from a noodle ( swim type thing) that holds the  doors together too.  There is so much shelf space in this refrig that the door is heavy.  Even with the bungee cord in place a strong curve to the left will cause the door to open a bit but when we straighten out , the door just goes back into place. When we are parked I remove all bungie stuff and it looks nice.  I know you will need a photo of this  and maybe  my DH will read this and take a picture for me to post.

We use some spring tension rods inside the fridge to keep stuff from falling out. worked well in 5 years of having the residential refer

I too used one from Lowes in a travel trailer.  Cost $350.  Installed my self.
Had to remove door of fridge to get it through the door of RV. Had to modify the panel above old one to fit.  They have white and black models.  Much more room and better lighting. i rarely used the gas portion anyway.  The cost of replacement was outragious.  Mine lost all amonia due to a crack in tubing.
A small elect fan placed behind the new fridge blows cool air up and over the cooling tubes .  this is a must for hot weather .
Ron

I am replacing the same Dometic SxS as yours'.  I am putting in a counter depth Fridgidaire SxS w/ice and cold water..will be running off inverter or genny or AC.  Refridge will be on sale at Lowe's for approx. $900.00+tax.  Lowe's will haul out old and bring in new at no charge....Really looking forward to this.

Samsung also has a frenchdoor, bottom freezer model 197 that is counter depth and will go through your coach door.

George, wife, 3 shelties, 2 parrots, 100% disabled nam vet.

Install a drain line from the bottom of fridge to outside.

Installing a drain line from the bottom of evaporating pan to outside is not so good. If coach is out of level, water will drip onto coach floor.

Back
Top Bottom