2 hour limit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We've just returned from the UK where we visited a number of large supermarkets. Most of their parking lots have cameras that snap a picture of the vehicle registration on the way in and on the way out. You're allowed 2 hours free parking, but anything over that and they send you a bill for approx $110.

So, no boondocking on their lots, irrespective how much you spend in their stores.

Attachments

• Parking_camera.jpg
    Parking_camera.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 135
I wouldn't let that one get out or it'll spread like wildfire.  At least the money goes to charity(hopefully).

I was at WM Sunday, more than three hours, no RV, just shopping. I stay at the Super WM's even longer!
J

Aye, parking there is nuts, even in the small towns. I got a $90 fine for being a few minutes over an hour in a city-owned multi-story 'pay and display' parking lot.

You wouldn't stay that long at the super WMs in the UK  ;)

Tom said:
Aye, parking there is nuts, even in the small towns. I got a $90 fine for being a few minutes over an hour in a city-owned multi-story 'pay and display' parking lot.

The cost of my dinner after a stay at WM. Not quite, but a costly ticket.
J

Oh yes - the Nanny State - the United Kingdom. There are laws, ordinances and rule there that confuse even them. Every little town even in the Northern part of Scotland with about 7 cars in the entire town have park and display - and a warden that makes sure you do!!

LOL Dave. There were no parking restrictions in the small village of just 16 houses where we stayed (our son's place). The only place to park was on the sidewalk  ;D  But park in the nearest small towns at your peril.

edjunior said:
Holy cow!  That's a bit extreme!  Sheesh, I hope nothing like that starts popping up here.
They shop differently than we do.  They don't buy a weeks worth of grocerys at one time, cause they don't have storage in the kitchen at home.  It would be quite a culture shock for most Americans to have to live like they do, at least it was for my DW when we were in West Berlin, Germany.  Tiny refrigerator, tiny stove, and tiny kitchen.  And we had a very large apartment in comparison to the normal German apartment.  Britian is very similiar.

Parmm, I think you'd get a culture shock if you went to the UK any time soon. Every time I've visited, I've come away with the impression that things have changed significantly from when we lived there 30 years ago. (Our last trip was a couple of months ago.) Large residential refrigerators and lots of kitchen/pantry storage is much more the norm. Shopping carts at large supermarkets and their equivalent of WalMart superstores are every bit as full as any I see here.

And oh, kitchens are also quite large, even in older houses. We don't have a small kitchen, but it's smaller than the kitchen in our son's 180 year old house in the UK. Their kitchen stove is one my wife drools over every time we visit.

Sounds like a fine place to visit.  A $ fine for this and a $ fine for that.  :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom