Parts are in and everything will be repaired; at least that's what she said.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayknee

Yep; that's what she said when she called today. There were eleven things wrong when we went to pick up the new View. We went on a shake-down for two days and a bolt came out of the arm chair and the generator drips so that makes thirteen.  Good grief; what next?? :eek:

Anyhow; we will drive quite a ways to have this done and it will take four hours at least but they are filling our gas tank and will drive us to and from the mall while we wait so that's fine. I think they should buy our lunch too for all the stress they caused us.

We will overnite at the campground there to be sure everything works as it should and then come home. We have an authorized dealer here in town so they won't have to see my smiling face again...did I say smiling??  :mad:

I will just be glad to get stuff done as we are joining an RV club.

Good attitude!!  Stay on em' and make sure you get it done right.  Remember, use the honey first, then the vinegar if they don't do it right.

Well, considering I am spending my second night in a Freightliner parking lot in Clear Lake Iowa, I'd say that I have to agree.  Even though the staff here has been great, they can't work any faster than Cummins will allow them to.  They got the first part, put it in, still had a Check Engine light, so we move on to the second part..........

Parts!  That's the problem since very few repair shops have any kind of inventory - we have run into this problem with Jeep, Ford, Freightliner, etc, etc.  If the tech makes a bad diagnosis (or even a good one) and the ordered part doesn't fix the problem, you go through the parts order cycle all over again.

Yep, thats the good part and the bad part of warranty work.  The good part is someone else pays for it, the bad side is that they don't want to pay for anything that isn't absolutely necessary.  So rather than send the EGR valve body and the EGR sensor at the same time, we just did the valve body first.  It fixed the smoke problem, but not the trouble code.  The sensor gets here in the morning..........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom