Pinholes over the Arms in the Bed Ends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

featherweight

So we bought a hybrid last year (Jayco 17C EX-PORT) and absolutely love it.  Best of both worlds.  Used it over 40 nights last year in Michigan.

At the end of the year, we notice one of the (vinyl? canvas? Maybe someone can clear this up...  In the meantime I'll call it "fabric") bed ends had a bit of a hole over the support arm.  Took it to the dealer, they replaced the entire panel under warranty.

But now, this spring, we noticed the other end has pinholes in the fabric running the length of the support arm.  It appears that the arms are rubbing on the fabric and wearing it out very prematurely.  I have no problem asking the dealer to replace the other panel at the end of this year, but the warrantly will be over by next spring, so I need to figure out a long term solution.

Other than patching and patching as each hole becomes a problem, has anyone seen or heard of an idea or product that will either prevent the wear or create a sort of wearing surface that is easily replaced without harming the fabric?  :-\

Thank you!

Dan,

It doesn't seem normal for pinholes to appear so soon. I would carefully check the supports for a rough surface. It could be that they were not finished properly and are causing premature wear.

I agree - not normal. We had a pop-up for 2 years and the fabric did not show any type of wear at all. A friend has had a Rockwood Roo hybrid for several years and also has had no issues.

I would suggest that you write the manufacture.  There may be a known problem.  On the other hand, there may be a problem that they are not, but should be, aware of.  In either case the mfg needs to know.

I have been a strong consumer advocate for years.  I write letters to CEOs when a product fails to meet my expectations.  My experience over the years has been that they appreciate knowing when there is a problem and they generally go out of the way to rectify the problem and make the customer happy. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom