Urgent advice requested: hydraulic leveling jack failure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aero RV

Hi all.  We have a 2007 38 ft. Fleetwood Bounder with hydraulic leveling.  The front jacks will do nothing...they are stuck in the up position.  The lights are flashing manual, auto, front and right arrows all flashing.  The on/off works but controls will not.

The rear left jack will extend, right rear extends partially then stops.  I was able to get them all in the up position by pressing several buttons in random order at the same time.  They all continue flashing.

I can not seems to locate the fuse for the jacks or the reservoir cylinder.  We bought the motorhome used and it is missing the manual on the leveling system.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  We have a vacation planned for the weekend!  Thank you in advance.

Brian

Sounds like you need to find the reservoir and fill it. They are usually located along the chassis frame somewhere. Climb under and follow the  frame all the way back then check the other side. You will find it. I have heard that some are up front but none of ours were.

I think you have a Power Gear jack system (should say on the control panel). There are a lot of tech documents on the Power Gear site. Follow this link and select 'Fleetwood' and 'Leveling' & 'Power Gear' form the document menu and you will get a list of what is available. There is a jack manual and various troubleshooting articles.

http://www.powergearus.com/navi/technical-documents

It sounds to me as though the controller has faulted. It may recover with a reset, but need more info on the system to know how to do that

Low hydraulic fluid is always the first thing to check, but your symptoms sound more severe than that. Check the hydraulic reservoir level with the jacks up and add to Full mark.

Thank you.  We will look over the documentation and post the results of what we find out.  Really appreciate the prompt assistance!

After you make sure the fluid is full, you could "re-boot" the electronics.  On ours the HWH system runs off the engine batteries and if need be, you could use the engine battery power switch to turn off the batteries.  This, IIRC, will take all electrical power away from the HWH controller.  A hammer is equally effective, LOL, but it probably won't recover if you use this approach... sorry, no hammers.

On my 2000 Fleetwood Bounder the fill tank is behind the coach batteries.There should be an underneath compartment for these batteries access from the outside. Mine drivers side front. There is a removable metal plate with four screws behind the battery to access the hydraulic fill tank.The fuses on mine are located on the fire wall under dash on driver's side.Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom