RV Forum Wildflower Scramble (April 2011) in Texas Hill Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
O.K. folks.  Here is the skinny on the Texas Hill Country Rally for April 2011.

Rally Title: RV Forum Wildflower Scramble

Dates:  April 13 thru April 22nd 2011

This rally is a two part rally as follows:

April 13 thru 17th, 2011

Sunset Point Lakefront RV Resort
    Wirtz Dam Road
    Marble Falls, Texas 78654

Phone:  830-798-8199
    GPS:  LAT 30.56545  LON -98.34361
    TL Rating:  9.5/9*/9.5

Rally rates:  $34.40 for full hookups and $30 for water & elec. only. (You have to ask specifically for these sites)

April 18 thru 22nd, 2011

Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
    IH 10, Exit 501 (FM 1338, Goat Creek Rd. on the NW corner of N Access Rd.)
    Kerrville, Texas  78028

Phone:  830-895-0007
    GPS:  LAT 30.11890  LON -99.19912
    TL Rating:  10/10*/9

Rally Rates:  $31.00 for full hookup

Both of these parks are first class operations with lots of amenities.  Sunset Point does set on a granite point on Lake LBJ, just one of several Texas Highland Lakes.  The sunsets are terrific here and it is a gated park just short distance from the dam.  The park is only a few miles out of the town of Marble Falls, Texas.  Buckhorn Lake sets just a short distance off Interstate 10 allowing for your easy departure east or west from the rally.  It is located about 6 miles outside of Kerrville, Texas.  They also have privately owned RV sites across the small Buckhorn Lake.  Both facilities have concrete paved sites, 30/50 amp service, etc..  Each of the parks have a rally minimum of 12 to 15 rigs in order to secure the Rally Room, so don't let me down.  I have set aside 20 sites at each park for this rally.

RV FORUM ACTIVITIES:

Potluck dinner and breakfast
    Daily Happy Hour
    Catered meals possible
    Lots of tire kicking
    Group photo

THINGS TO SEE AND DO:  (Most require some driving)

Wildflower viewing
    Historic Fredericksburg (shops & restaurants)
    Texas Wildflower Seed Farm
    Numerous Wineries
    Enchanted Rock State Natural Area (500' granite monolith)
    Inks Lake State Park (hiking, wildflowers and wildlife)
    Pedernales Falls State Park (hiking, waterfalls)
    Lost Maples State Natural Area (scenery and hiking)
    Admiral Nimitz Museum (2nd WW)  (New addition opened last year)
    LBJ Park and ranch
    Golf
    Lukenbach, Texas (Made famous by Willie Nelson)
    Longhorn Caverns
    Cascade Caverns
    Llano, TX  (Home of great Bar B-Q)
    San Antonio  (Alamo, Historical Missions and River Walk with great restaurants)
    Vanishing Texas River Cruise
    Sunset Bat Flights (Devils Sink Hole and Bat Tunnel)

All I can say is:  if you can't find something to do and of interest, you must be dead.

IMPORTANT INFO:

Each of you is responsible for registering at the campgrounds on your own.  Make sure you notify me after you have registered.  You can reach me at [email protected] or call me at 214-676-4046.  Please do not wait too long.  I need to make sure we will make our minimums for the rally rates.

This is a great opportunity to revive a Centermost Rally.  We are central and invite those from the EAST, WEST and NORTH to come join us for some fun.  Let me know what you would like to do at the rally and I will make it happen.  There may be a small Rally Fee involved depending on the activities and meals.

R. E. (Ron) Marabito, Rally Master
Shirley Marabito, Assistant Rally Master

I will be attending. I am a musician, I play guitar and I am hoping some other musicians will be there so we can jam. I will also be available for any photography questions. Hopefully we can organize a few photo hikes. Sounds wonderful and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Wonderful, Ron. It is amazing how perfectly this rally fits into my plans for next year. I will be out visiting the Major League Baseball parks and the rally is located right in between Houston and Dallas. And it is during April, the month I planned on being there. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Ron

Sorry we won't be able to attend, we have to be at an FMCA rally in Las Vegas the same week.

Ron:
  Beth has made reservations at Sunset Point, but "the lady who makes reservations won't be in until tomorrow" at Buckhorn. Will make them tomorow.
  Beth has volunteered to make her world famous waffles if we have a group breakfast.
  I am looking forward to seeing the remodeled Nimitz displays. Hopefully we can get a group tour for the River Walk & dinner.
  The quote of the day; Beth said "look, Shirley let Ron be the Rally Master". Sorry, but it was funny.
  We will be there regardless of the number of rally sign-ups. And will help in any way possible.

Kerry & Beth Mathews

Tom told me about this rally and I expect to be there, but since I still don't own an rv yet, I can't make the reservations. Do me a favor, please. If you get close to being full, will you let me know, or at least post the open spaces remaining on this thread? By the time it's getting close to being full, I might be closer to making a commitment.

I used to live in San Antonio, and I would absolutely love to join you all there. Spring is the best time in TX; provided it doesn't rain cats and dogs. These RV parks are on high ground, right? ;)

O.K. Cheryl.  I'll do my best, but I sometimes can't remember my name in the morning. (bg)  No problems at these campgrounds, they are both top notch.  The Sunset Point RV  Resort is on the lake, but it would run over the spillway before it would flood there.  Good luck with your search for an RV.  Hope you find just what you want.

Cheryl,

Why don't you go ahead and make a reservation, that way you'll be set.  Just check the campgrounds cancellation policy so that if you, by chance still don't have your RV, or your plans change, you can cancel in time without a cancellation fee.  Lots of us do that all the time, that way the Rally host doesn't have to be responsible. 

Marsha~

I'll think about doing that. I just hope and pray that my search for an rv will have a very happy ending soon.

Ron,

Right now it looks like we will be passing through TX about 2 weeks too early.  Will have to catch people on the fly as we go through. 

Current thought is to leave MT about March 15 so we will be back in MT about June 1 after a trip to the east coast and back via a circuitous route, El Paso, Killeen TX, Dallas, on to GA and up to VA and back via PA, OH, IL, WI, MN, etc. 

Again too much too fast.

Gary, thanks for the info...we will try our best to make it by making our Spring trip to Florida a little earlier next year.

Ed & Lois Lander

Ed & Lois:  Thanks for responding to Gary about the rally.  Hope to see you there.  I suggest you make your reservations early to insure a spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom