RV Forum Wildflower Scramble (April 2011) in Texas Hill Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned and I will go on the Vanishing River Cruise.  Glad to see that the Sharps will be there, will see you then.

Us too, or two, or either ???

Don and Mary Ann

I guess you can now ignore the email I sent.......

O.K. folks.  I know you are anxious to see the schedule, so here it is.  I suggest you print yourself a copy.

Sunset Point Activity Schedule
April 13 thru 18

April 13 Wednesday

10:00 am to 2:00 pm Arrival at the park and getting settled.

4:00 pm Happy Hour and getting to know everyone.
(Club House)

6:00 pm Dinner on your own.  Team up with a new friend

8:00 to 10:00 pm Visiting.  Ron will be available to assist you with your    wildflower viewing tomorrow.

April 14 Thursday

8:30 am Pot Luck breakfast at the Club House.
Bring enough of your favorite breakfast for others to try it out.  There is a kitchen in the club house.
Provide your own eating utensils &  coffee and Juice. This might change if I can find a pot.

10:00 am Depart for Wild Flower tour on Willow City Loop followed by lunch at Coopers Bar BQ in Llano.  Try to car pool to save expense.

4:00 pm Happy Hour at Club House.  Game or other activity
  By Betty Brewer and Lucy Akers

6:00 pm Dinner at River City Grille in Marble Falls

8:00 to 10:00 Visiting and games in the Club House

April 15 Friday

8:30 am Breakfast at the Historical Bluebonnet Caf? in Marble Falls followed by trip to Lyndon B. Johnson Historical Park west of Johnson City.

12:30 pm Lunch in Johnson City

2:00 pm We will backtrack for a quick visit to Lukenbach, TX and have your picture taken at the Post Office.  This is the historical place in the song made famous by Whalen Jennings.  Willie Nelson also put on concerts here.

4:00 pm Happy Hour

6:00 pm Dinner on your own.  Eat in or join someone in the group to visit over dinner.

April 16  Saturday

Breakfast on your own.

10:00 am Depart for Vanishing Texas River Cruise in the Canyon of Eagles.  Pack a lunch and drink for a picnic on the cruise.  Make sure you bring a camera.  If we see wildlife, it will be on shore or above you.

3:00 pm Table games and puzzles back in the Club House followed by Happy Hour.

6:00 pm Dinner at local Steak House or Italian Restaurant.

8:00 to 10:00 Visiting and story telling.

April 17  Sunday

Breakfast on your own. 

10:00 am Depart for tour of Longhorn Caverns followed by drive through Inks Lake State Park and wildflower viewing.

1:00 pm Lunch on your own and start preparations for Potluck Supper in the Club House later.  Guys can discuss technical stuff for the RV.  Ron will be available to assist anyone with photography.

3:30 pm Group Photo

5:00 pm Potluck Supper in the Club House.  Bring everything you need.

April 18  Monday

8:30 am Coffee and donuts in the Club House.  Bring your coffee and we will provide the donuts.

10:00 am Goodbyes to those that are not joining us in Kerrville.

11:00 am till noon Depart for Buckhorn Lake RV Resort.  Depending on how you drive, allow one hour to one and a half hours.

Just remember:  Nothing has to be.  If you would rather do something else other than what we scheduled, then do it.  The most important thing is to enjoy your visit to the great Lone Star State.

Ron & Shirley Marabito

Ron,
Just a heads up; we may be late by a few days (if we're lucky) or even miss Sunset entirely. Our Jeep is being held hostage by Chrysler while they MANUFACTURE a part for it. Currently promised on the 11th of April and we're in Ft. Myers so at least 3-4 days after that and who knows; its already been a month.
Ernie

Ernie:  If you are going to be late to Sunset, please make sure you understand the cancellation policy.  Go to their website and verify that.

Thanks,  Ron

By the way group:  The schedule really got messed up in the paste into the message so I am attaching a fresh WORD copy of the schedule as an attachment.  Maybe the formatting will not be messed up.

Ron

Attachments

• Sunset Point Activity Schedule 3-11.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 26
    Ron, looks like Donna and I won't be heading to Texas this year, and it is very doubtful that we will make the Moab Rally either.  It's a bummer, but there is always next year.

Ed

Ed, we were looking to seeing you and Donna again, but guess it will have to wait.

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Ron, looks like Donna and I won't be heading to Texas this year, and it is very doubtful that we will make the Moab Rally either.  It's a bummer, but there is always next year.

Too bad because the weather this year is spectacular....oh, wait, maybe that's because you aren't here :) See you next winter.

Wendy
North Ranch, Congress, AZ

Hi,
Jeep problems resolved; we're heading back home now (N. of Dallas) and will be at the rally on time. Count us in for the Vanishing River trip as well.
Ernie

Are you getting anxious yet?  It's going to be a fun rally.  I have paid for the boat ride in advance for 24 people, so pay me directly when you arrive at Sunset Point.

Here is the schudule for the second 5 days at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, TX.  I have attached a copy to this message also in case this embedded copy doesn't come through correctly.

Buckhorn Lake Activity Schedule
April 18 thru 23

April 18 Monday\

Noon till 2:00 pm Arrival at the park and getting settled.

4:00 pm Happy Hour and getting to know everyone new.
(Ron?s Coach Patio)

6:00 pm Dinner on your own.  Eat in or join someone in the
Group to visit over dinner.

April 19 Tuesday

8:00 to 9:00 am Breakfast at the big Red Barn.  (Catered)
Pay at the office when you arrive at the park.

10:00 am Depart for day in Fredericksburg.
(Shops, Admiral Nimitz Museum, Enchanted Rock
North of town)

Lunch on your own.  Lot?s of choices.  If you want
authentic German, go to Der Lindenbaum.

6:00 pm Dinner in Kerrville.  Restaurant to be announced.

8:00 to 10:00 pm Visiting and games in the Club Room.

April 20 Wednesday

8:30 am Pot luck breakfast at the Club Room.  Bring enough of your favorite breakfast for others to try it out.  Provide
your own utensils, coffee and juice.  This might change If I can find a pot.

10:00 am Depart for Fredericksburg again, but this time to Wild
Seed Farm and some local wineries.  If you haven?t
seen Enchanted Rock, this might be a good time to
head over there.  Grab your lunch while exploring or
pack a picnic lunch for Enchanted Rock.

4:00 pm Happy Hour at the Bar BQ Pit along side the Red
Barn.  Plenty of stools.

6:00 pm Bring your favorite steaks, Chops, burgers to cook on a fire provided by the Resort.  Also bring a side dish, salad or desert to share.  As usual, bring all your utensils. Spend as much time as you wish visiting with others.  Relax afterwards and get some rest.

April 21  Thursday

8:30 am Depart for San Antonio to visit the Alamo, River Walk,
Missions, or take a barge ride on the river.  This will be an all day affair, so come prepared. 

Lunch on your own.

6:00 pm Meet at ?Mi Tierra? Mexican Restaurant at the Market Place.  I?ll provide written instructions for getting there.
Go to their website for map and menus.
www.mitierracafe.com
    The map shows location of many attractions nearby.

8:00 pm Head back to camp after dinner.  You will be tired.

April 22  Friday

8:30 am Breakfast on your own.

10:00 am Today you can pick your poison.  Go somewhere you haven?t been or simply take a rest from the hectic schedule.

3:00 pm Start preparations for Pot Luck Dinner.

5:00 pm Happy Hour at Club Room

5:30 pm Group Photo

6:00 pm Pot Luck Dinner.  Bring everything you need.  Just relax after dinner.

April 23  Saturday

8:30 am Coffee and Donuts in the Club Room.  Might have to
Bring your own coffee, but we will furnish the donuts.

10:00 am Goodbyes.

11:00 to noon Depart for home, Moab Rally or wherever.

Be safe and Adios.  Hope you enjoyed the rally and will come back to the Lonestar State.

Ron & Shirley Marabito

Attachments

• Buckhorn Lake Activity Schedule.doc
    30 KB · Views: 13
  For all those attending the Buckhorn Lake part of the rally,  Breakfast on Tuesday at the Barn will be one of the following selections:

The following are some suggestions for your Tuesday breakfast:
1.  Buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon for $ 7.50
2.  Biscuits and gravy, sausage and scrambled eggs for $ 7.50
3.  Two breakfast tacos with sausage for $ 7.50

All of the above meals will include coffee and juice.

Please choose one of the above and let me know as soon as possible.  We will put the charge on each of their accounts and then can collect when we collect their site fees.  If you have any other questions please feel free to call.

Please email me with your preference vote.  The most wins and that is what the breakfast will be.

Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom