RV Forum Wildflower Scramble (April 2011) in Texas Hill Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeanette and I have made our reservations. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Dave

Made reservations today with both parks. It's been almost two years since we have been able to attend a RV Forum rally. We are looking forward to seeing some old friends.

Next week we begin our annual "get out of the heat trip" for the  next several months. This year we are going to spend a few weeks in the Tahoe area then onto Oregon for about a month. We will be attending the FMCA International event (Redmond, OR) and the FCOC rally plus Camp Freightliner (Harrisburg, OR) during mid-August. Will other Forum members be attending either session? Let me know if you are.

Take care,
Ed & Lois

For some reason, I didn't see your response on 7-1 Ed & Lois.  There will be other forum members at both of the locations and obviously we will be there.

Ron

Just a reminder and update on the Spring Rally.  Here is the list of attendees as of this date:

Ron & Shirley Marabito (Rally Masters)
Seilerbird
Kerry & Beth Mathews
George & Lucy Akers
Dave & Jeanette Reavis
Ed & Lois Lander
Gary & Nancy Brink (maybe)
Cheryl B (maybe)

Come join us for this fun rally.  All the information is posted above in the first message under this topic.

Ron Marabito

George & Lucy.  I have several books on the wildflowers and will help you identify them.  Some begin early and keep going until well into May.  Certain flowers are only around for a short time.  There is a particular cactus that blooms for a couple days and that's it.  You will enjoy it if we get some good fall and winter rain.

Although we haven't booked yet, we do have this Rally on our "bucket list".  Unfortunately, our daughter & SIL who live in our house, are building and hope to be moving in April.  I don't plan on being within a thousand miles of them moving, but blood is thicker than water, and my chain may get yanked.
      Ron, do you have a list of attendees?

Ed

Ed:  This is the list so far.

Ron & Shirley Marabito (Rally Masters)
Seilerbird
Kerry & Beth Mathews
George & Lucy Akers
Dave & Jeanette Reavis
Ed & Lois Lander
Gary & Nancy Brink (maybe)
Cheryl B (maybe)
Joe & Cricket Lacey

I will start promoting it again after New Years and we should get several more.

Ron:

I'm not ready to commit yet but we are waiting for my folks to make up their minds about moving from Florida next spring. If they do we will be headed back there to help and will probably work out the schedule to make the Texas rally.

We will know more after the first of the year.

Ron,

We don't have definite plans at the moment but it appears we will be returning to Yellowstone next year. If so we will certainly try to work in your rally on the way west. It's been too long since we've seen you and Shirley!!! Also, I still need more help with photography. It's never ending! ;D ;D

I hope you can work it out Jim.  Sure would like to see you and Pat again.  We can sure work on the photography when you come.

Alright, I'm getting shack-wacky as Donna is laid up with a pinched sciatic nerve, so we can't do much.  So, I'm casting my mind to long range planning.  It starts with a probability that we will leave Florida in April, head to the Wildflower Rally, and this is the wacky part.  We might go on to the Moab Rally, before heading to Salt Lake City to let Donna get another Rocky Mountain high doing a couple of weeks research.
    So, my questions to the group who will be attending the Wildflower, are there any others thinking of also taking in Moab?  Also, google maps, says it's about 1100 miles, straight through Albuquerque.  As I recall, there are a few other must sees up near Moab, and we should have time if the milage is correct, and the route's decent.  I'd welcome any comments.

Ed

Hi, Ron! Can't make definite plans to be there yet, but working on it. Would really love to make it so put me down as a maybe for now please. I'll let you know for sure as soon as I can.
Take care.
Ken

Back
Top Bottom