Marlene's Surgery-Summer Plans in Flux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

This has not been a very good spring for us; our coach has been in the shop for over a month (more about that will be posted later and elsewhere), I was hospitalized for one nite with "community pneumonia" (full recovery the next day), I had a pretty bad fall biking leaving lots of road rash but nothing broken and now Marlene will be having surgery next week.

Her back has been bothering her, so her doctor sent her to a neurologist who ordered an MRI. The MRI showed a tumor by her spine. Meeting with the surgeon yesterday, he immediately planned for surgery next week, tho both he and the neurologist are fairly confident that the tumor is benign. The surgeon feels that the procedure should be very straight forward and, after therapy, things should be back to normal other than lingering pain for 3-6 months.

With surgery and recovery next week and about a week of therapy thereafter and who knows what after that, we won't be leaving on June 8th as planned. Our summer schedule had been built around a wedding in Fort Collins, CO to start and the FMCA Redmond, OR convention in August. We are still planning on Redmond but don't know when and in which direction we'll head.

I'll post updates after the surgery and therapy.

Sorry to hear about the crappy spring and Marlene's surgery. Hopefully, everything goes well and you take good care of her so you can get back on the road. Summer in Phoenix....ugh....but we'll see you in Redmond.

Wendy

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you are able to get well and get on the road soon.

Bernie,

Sorry to hear of the problems.  They seem to be going arond this year.

Our best to both of you as you go forward with the medical stuff.  I know it affects both of you so take care.

Bernie, sorry to hear about your challenges this spring.  I'm sure they will work themselves out.  Give our best wishes to Marlene.

Ed & Donna

Bernie,

Here's to hoping  your trip is not too badly mangled with  alternate scheduling.  We'll send good vibes for you guys to have good health and your coach too. 

I guess we never know do we?

Betty

Bernie, That Hospital/surgery bug has been pretty active on this forum, for a while. Sorry to hear you two are dealing with it, now. Disrupting plans adds insult to injury. Hoping for the best for you and Marlene.

Ray and Dani

Bernie,

Sorry to hear about the medical problems. I can really relate to them. We have been going through it ourselves since last August and I was just told that the next (and I hope last) surgery is now scheduled for this August. One full year with no traveling!! Really hope that all comes out OK for both of you and as with the rest of the Framily, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jerry & Arlyne

Bernie,

Please do tell Marlene we'll be thinking of her and hoping the doctors' prognosis is correct.  When is her surgery?

ArdraF and JerryF

Bernie:

Sorry to hear of Marlene's surgery. When she feels up to it let us know and we'll drive down for lunch or dinner.

Just want to thank all of you for your kind words and thoughts. According to the doctors, it should be a routine procedure, but ???  In any case, the operation is scheduled for Thursday morning at Banner Boswell Hospital in Sun City, AZ. The good news is that it looks like both Marlene and our coach will be getting out of their hospitals around the same time  ;D

Jeez, Bernie, your Spring is beginning to sound like our disastrous winter of 2008-2009.  Hope your luck turns positive soon and tell Marlene we are pulling for her.

Bernie,

Sorry to hear about Marlene. Haven't been on for a couple of days. I hope her surgery goes as well as mine. The key to getting out of the hospital after the surgery is walk, walk, walk! We'll be thinking of her.

Bernie --

Marlene and you are in our thoughts and prayers.  All will be better soon.

Don and Mary Ann

Best wishes to you and Marlene for a quick recovery.  Looking forward to the good news after the procedure.

Sorry to hear of this spring's problems.  Sometimes one thinks the bad stuff never quits, but it does eventually.  Here's to a speedy recovery and getting back on the road as soon as you can and smooth roads ahead. 

Daisy and Fred

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom