Marlene's Surgery-Summer Plans in Flux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts will be with you and Marlene, Bernie.  It was good to read of the surgeons positive thoughts for recovery. A nurse after my bad thing surgery told me that surgeons are always very cautiously positive, just in case. So this is good news. Will be checking this thread to see how the surgery and recovery are going.

If you find yourselves in NCal later in the summer to or from OR, please let me know . . .

Status Update

Marlene's surgery was yesterday. The doctor was quite pleased with the procedure and the tumor was, in fact, benign. She has been in recovery since coming out of surgery and is enduring a lot of pain and discomfort, which will probably last another day or two. The important thing is that everything went well and she should be as good as new in a week.

Happy to hear that news, Bernie.  Please give Marlene our best wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery.

Margi and Tom

Great news !  Thanks for sharing.  Prayers for you both continue.....

Don and Mary Ann

Thanks for the good news.  Please give our best to Marlene and our wishes for a quick recovery.

Hi Bernie,

That is really great news!!! Please give Marlene a hug for us when she's ready. :) The quickest way of the hospital is to walk. Hope she can come home soon.

Wonderful news Bernie, thanks for the update. Be sure to pass along our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Tom & Chris

Oh wonderful!  Always to have good news follow the bad.  Know she probably can't meet up with us next week, and will understand if you need to stay home with her.  Shirley

Glad to hear that everything "came out" okay. Now take good care of Marlene so you can get back on the road ! Give her a gentle hug from me.

Wendy

Great news, always like the hear that word, BENIGN!!  Our best wishes for a speedy recovery and an early return to the road.  Give our best to Marlene.

Bernie,

Thank you for shring the good news about Marlene's surgery.  But do please give her more than a week for full recovery.  I'm sure she will need your TLC for a lot longer than that.  Tell her I said she should cry for sympathy as long as she can!

Best Wishes.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
But do please give her more than a week for full recovery.  I'm sure she will need your TLC for a lot longer than that.  Tell her I said she should cry for sympathy as long as she can!

Betty

When she is released from ICU in 2-3 days she goes to rehab for a week, then we start playing by ear what we do next and when  but the TLC never stops ;)

Bernie,

We are both so pleased to hear the word "benign."  It can't get any better than that!  Tell Marlene we send hugs and wish her the best.

ArdraF and JerryF

News of benign is great.

However, a bone doc once told me that the biggest cause of back pain is back surgery.  :-(

rhmahoney said:
News of benign is great.

However, a bone doc once told me that the biggest cause of back pain is back surgery.  :-(

Russ

Very true. I've never seen Marlene in such pain and discomfort as these last few days. Unfortunately, it was something she had to endure for the short term because the tumor was going to create increasingly worse problems and they caught it just in time. Yesterday, she was still with some pain and discomfort but didn't need to resort to pain medications. Last nite she was moved from ICU to a regular bed. I may find out today when she will be transferred to rehab. Probably a day or two.

Bernie,
I just learned about the surgery.
Happy to see it was benign.
Good luck.

Bernie,

Glad to hear Marlene is doing well and is out of ICU.  Give her our best wishes.

Marlene was finally released from the hospital yesterday and was moved over to the rehab unit. The pain is still there but the primary concern is her oxygen saturation level.  She is still on oxygen and needs to get it better so she can go without.

She was moved to the same rehab center as Don Miller's mother, just 5 doors away. Maybe another mini-rally coming :) :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom