Any Plans for Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
As Thanksgiving is just about here many of us will or have made plans for Christmas.  Sam & I are planning on spending Christmas at our daughters house south of Houston in League City.  We plan to depart Yuma and head toward Houston by way of Dallas.  Now Dallas is kinda on the way to Houston from Yuma isn't it???  You bet it is when you have a new Grand Daughter that was just born 1 November 2005 that grandma hasn't seen yet.  After getting introduced to Adel and spending a few days visiting our Son his wife and Adel we will head on down to League City for Christmas where our kids from Dallas will also spend Christmas with our Daughter and her husband and Alex our first Grand daughter.  Will return to Yuma after New Years.

What are your plans for Christmas?

I'd sort of like to go visit my parents but they live in the ice box of Oregon (La Pine) and Mike might want to visit his brother and his family but they live in Riverside and I am sooo anti-southern California. So I'm voting for Death Valley or Pahrump for Pahrump-pa-pump-pump Days. But since I don't drive, I'm sort of at the mercy of Mike and wherever he wants to go (which will no doubt be somewhere warm). Sam, the chocolate Labradork, has no preference so long as there are good smells.

Wendy

Many people at TGO are heading North to visit family at Xmas.  We'll remain at TGO for a relatively quiet Xmas.

I'm sort of at the mercy of Mike and wherever he wants to go (which will no doubt be somewhere warm).

I agree with the staying where it is warm.  Just don't like the cold and snow anymore myself.

Steve said:
Many people at TGO are heading North to visit family at Xmas.? We'll remain at TGO for a relatively quiet Xmas.

Sounds like a good idea.  North translates into cold if you go to far North. ;D

Christmas is a time we like to stay home and have family come to us. They arrive early, we have a family Christmas dinner on Christmas eve and we get to see our grandson excitedly open his gifts on Christmas morning. Chris usually has the house decorated and I have the exterior lights up right after Thanksgiving.

Congrats to you and Sam on the new arrival.

Ned and I will be heading up to Lake Pleasant north of Phoenix from Yuma Dec 19th where he will spend Christmas with Karl and another couple from Milwaukee WI.  I will be flying to St Paul MN (brrrrrr) on the 20th and spending Christmas with my two GD, their parents and my son and girlfriend.  Will fly back on the 27th to spend New Years with Ned and friends.

Gee Lorna haven't you learned Northern states are for summer activities??  Hope you have a great time.  Are you going out to Alamo this year for New Years?

Ron,

>> Will you be coming south any earlier than Quartzsite?<<

YEs and we may pass through Yuma as we have to go to San Diego to wish our grandson well on his trip overseas.  Not sure where he will be but Kwuait, Iraq etc., are a probably the location. 

We'll be in Yuma until Dec. 19.  Let us know when you're coming through.

Christmas Eve I will be presiding at the only Christmas worship service in the National Historical Area of Lincoln, Lincoln County NM, at 7.30 at the San Juan Church [1887]

We're the only ones providing worship there and I can't leave them without on Christmas!

If the kids down't come down Christmas Day, I imagine we'll be traveling north after we see our new grandsons at their place!

you have a new Grand Daughter that was just born 1 November 2005 that grandma hasn't seen yet.?

Hi Sam (and you too Ron of course)

congratulations on the new grandchild Adel - I hope you spoil him rotten.  We'll be spending Christmas at home in Spain, then off to Australia and New Zealand for two months.

Love Liliane (and Terry too of course), in cold Seattle

Not sure what we will do for Christmas now that things have changed.? We are looking at heading south shortly after Dec.. 15 now IF I can get all the work done on the MH.? Still have most of the summers work left to do.? Should finish the change out of a couple of mirror mounts tomorrow.? I would be done except the re-wiring has been a bear, no room to work!? :-((? Still have to get the windshield replaced so will get on that Monday.? Couple of minor items like change the oil and coolant on the generator and we will be on our way!? VBG? Now if my hands hold out with all this.

We leave warm sunny Florida for Chicago. Sue leaves the first to beat our new grandbaby who is due in early December (she hopes  :D) and I'll wander up that way around the 15th.

Don't recall that I was asked what temperature had to do with this trip.  ::) ::) ::)

Then we head for AZ after Christmas.

terry nathan said:
...then off to Australia and New Zealand for two months.
Terry, I well remember your fabulous Vario (?) motorhome with the car bay tucked in behind you. That triggered off a long-term dream for me. Still dreaming...

Coming anywhere near Adelaide or South Australia?

If you want to ask any questions or seek any help feel free to yell out. Most times you will find me or a number of other Aussies hanging around CompuServe's Pacific Forum, yes there is still a Pacific there ;)
http://community.compuserve.com/pacific

Best wishes for the travel plans.

Ian

sorry to be late coming back.  We're due to arrive Adelaide on 9 February from Sydney on the Indian Pacific.  We'll be staying for three nights at the Chancellor Hotel on Currie Street.  We leave Adelaide on 12 February on The Ghan to Darwin.

Can we hook up in Adelaide - that would be great.

Terry

terry nathan said:
Can we hook up in Adelaide - that would be great.
Terry, I replied positively to this in Pacific Forum but no answer yet.
Please drop me an email so we can sort out the kinds of things you want to do and see while in our lovely State.

Back
Top Bottom