84 W Chieftain genset question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gazoo

I searched for the answer to this question before posting here but was unable to find what I needed.

I recently bought a 84 Chieftain.  The genset was not operable but I found the problem in the starting sequence.....the fuel line was broken.  Tough fix.  It starts and runs just fine now, but I am not getting power to the cabin.  I checked the output fuse and it is fine.  I assume that it is wired to the electrical box that is located underneath the refer cutout but as I have no manuals I do not know if this is an auto cutover or if I have to throw a switch somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, is there a source that I can purchase the documentation for a rig this old?  I would like anything I can get.

Chances are significant you do not have an automatic transfer switch but a socket located somewhere that is the gen output. You probably would need to plug your shore power cord into the gen set outlet.

You got it.  I looked in the storage door for the shore power cable and there was a nice big power receptacle.  I would have never noticed it otherwise.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom