Losing our home and need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PastorTravis

Our family is in the ministry on a full time basis. We travel in our ministry and are gone more than we are home. We travel in our 39' diesel pusher which is great. We often stay at churches or friends houses. We have been living in NC in a house provided by family for only 200.00 per month everything included. That deal is now gone and we have about a month or two to be out. We don't want to rent a house cause we only "touch down" at home about once a month or so. However, we do need some type of home base for our stuff and our extra car, ministry supplies, etc. We home school the kids so that is no big deal. Just putting our things in storage seems like it won't work well for us. Where will we land down when we do have down time? Do any of you just have an acre or so that you have a building on or something that you come back to and hook up your MH when you are home?

Any suggestions? Also, how long do you think I could just stay at a local rv park after we lose the house? I have about 300.00 per month to put toward our home base.

Thanks

Why would you NOT be able to stay at a local RV park? They usually love long term guests and give good rates to them?

Some parks accommodate permanent people and allow storage sheds and such. Check around your area. Or whatever area you want to be your base.

Why would you NOT be able to stay at a local RV park? They usually love long term guests and give good rates to them?

We do a LOT of coming and going. I would hate to rent a lot for the month and only be there a few days or a couple weeks. Then if I pay by the night it would get expensive too. Then there is the issue of our belongings. I guess it would be good if I could find a decent park that allowed some type of storage.

This might work if you can put a storage shed on the space.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=32367.0
J

Okay, the house we are leaving in NC is my wife's grandmother's. We have an opportunity to move to GA where a friend has a couple acres of land in the country. It has a well, septic and power. I can do this for free and simply pay the power bill after I turn it on in my name. The grandmother says that we can continue to use her address so we don't have to change over our vehicles and everything right away. Is it okay to do that? How long could we use the NC address and keep our licenses and all? Could we use the NC address like other fulltimers might would do?

If you travel.. Then you have many options.. One option is membership camping.. For example.. Some years ago (2006) I purchased a membership in Thousand Trails.. Last winter I headed not to N.C. but to S.C. where there is a TT park in the town of Fair Play.. With my membership I can park there for 2 weeks then I need to move out for a week.. For change back from a hundred the local state park (about 3 miles by car) I could spend my week out.

20 miles away was the church I belong to (It is one church world wide) and I got "Drafted" Into the choir (Ok, so it's not really a draft, but it was a strong invite) which I happen to love.. This, is the primary reason you can find me there come next December (Not to mention November and January and.. Well you get the idea)

Dues are not much either.. (Truthfully I'm not sure since I messed up my payment sked)

Now if you want to just park.. In addition to the memberhsip, plus dues it's 325/month (Which I think is outlandish)

OH, when my car died,, I timed my moves

Sunday AM, pull out of CG, head to Church, sing the mass, park there over night, Monday check into SP
Friday pull out, go to Wall Mart (About a mile and a half from church) shop, stay the night, go to church stay the night, sing the mass and check back into TT park for 2 weeks.

(Fri-Sat-Sun are expensive days at SP)  The difference in parking fees at the SP paid for the gas.

Also.. Many parks will welcome a Chaplin.. I know where I"m at now we could use a good one (Alas we got one but.. Good is not a word I'd use to describe him) That will get you through the summer.. Winter .. Check out southern parks.  YOu might supplement by working Security.

The Chaplin/Santa Clause/Security guard at the TT park in Fair Play does just that.

For now our church has put in full hook ups for us. We will stay there when we are not out on the road and we will probably do our domicile in FL. My employer is there and I have looked at the new FL laws and I believe we can make it work.

Florida is one of the 4 states where you can Full Time in an RV (You don't need a stick house address)  I'd not mind a job where I could move from facility to facility for a multi-state company and park at the offices as it were.. Plan on a month per stop to say upgrade a computer system, get paid only for hours worked (plus free parking) and then on to the next facility.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom