Layton RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tellicolady

I am interested in buying a 2003 Layton Scout.  Does anyone have any yeahs or nays on this camper?  I own an airstream now, but would like to buy a newer camper.  I am looking at the Layton Scout.

Our first large RV was a Layton travel trailer, back in 1976. At the time we thought it the most wonderful thing we had ever seen! Unfortunately, it was destroyed in a highway accident and we never bought another Layton.

I don't think the Layon is in the same league quality-wise as your Airstream (assuming you have one of the older ones), but it is a decent unit and  popular in the East. They are considered a "value" brand rather than high end, but they  have nice looking interiors and other appointments. Laytons are built by Skyline RV, a subsidiary of Skyline Homes, a respected nationwide manufacturer of mobile homes.

Will you be towing it extensively or will you be leaving it in a campground for the summer season?

If you have an older Airstream, one built before Thor bought them, the Layton won't even come close to having the quality of the Airstream.  Those older Airstreams are hard to beat in quality and durability.

RV Roamer said:
Our first large RV was a Layton travel trailer, back in 1976. At the time we thought it the most wonderful thing we had ever seen! Unfortunately, it was destroyed in a highway accident and we never bought another Layton.

I don't think the Layon is in the same league quality-wise as your Airstream (assuming you have one of the older ones), but it is a decent unit and? popular in the East. They are considered a "value" brand rather than high end, but they? have nice looking interiors and other appointments. Laytons are built by Skyline RV, a subsidiary of Skyline Homes, a respected nationwide manufacturer of mobile homes.

Will you be towing it extensively or will you be leaving it in a campground for the summer season?

The airstream stays put in a mountain hide-away.  We love it and I really hoped someone would say don't do it.  We have decided to keep the airstream, a lot of good memories there.  Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom