Palomino Mini S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexcousins

So I am now the proud owner of an older (mid 80s) Palomino Mini S.  Its going to be a restoration project, but its a good foundation.  I haven't had much time to dig through it, and thought if anyone had any information that might help me (known problems, weight, etc.).  I'll post some pictures in the next week so you can see what I am up against.  Its going to sit in the back of my 2001 Tundra so any thoughts on what I should do with that would be great.  The inside is going to be fully gutted and rebuilt, should be fun.

Thanks and great forum-

Alex

Good luck.  A TC of that vintage can be a challenge.  The wooden framing is prone to having been wet and rotted.  Been there done that.  I had to remove and replace some of the outer skin on mine and rebuild, reinforce the framing.  Used some steel angle iron in high stress areas.

Take lots of pictures.

Here it is-
I got it home last night and took a better look at what I am getting into.  First chore will be to fix the roof, not sure if I have to fix this one or if I can find a used/new one?  Any ideas?  After that I am going to work on the Jacks and get them solid.  then???  The fun has only just begun

Attachments

• P6060072.JPG
    P6060072.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P6060073.JPG
    P6060073.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
So I got the skin off and found that all the wood was rotten.  Now the build up begins.  I constructed and rolled trusses last night, seems like things are going well.  Here is a picture of the rear and one side.  The one question I have is how to rotate the lift bracket in the rear (where the pliers is attached).  Its over rotated, I understand there is a pre-load inside, so if anyone has any info on that, can you pass it along?

Thanks

Alex

Attachments

• 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back