Draining fresh water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clfred

I'm having a hard time figuring out where to drain the fresh water tank on our 1998 Winnebago Minnie. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks.

I know its a different brand but I'm reading a lot have similar features.  On our 1991, there is a plug by the plastic water container under the bed.  You just pull up on the ring and it drains, same kind of drain under the fridge in the kitchen to drain the other lines for winter.  They may be totally different but just what we found on the HR 1991.

Some one else had same question a couple of weeks back, except for a different Winnie. However, for his and my '97, Winnebago systems seemed similar in principal in that the valve is in the water line running from the tank to the pump. I'ts a valve with a small finger operated paddle type lever, probably close to the tank and at same level or lower than the tank bottom. There was a link to Winebago plumbing schematic, (I didn't keep it) showing a valve with "V-10" within a circle---it's the drain. Google Winnebago water system and then find your year & model for the schematic.  Tweedy

clfred:  Whoops! Forgot There is a Winnebago County which is where my info takes you. Try Winnebago Parts. pick Manuals and Diagrams, pick plumbing diagrams, then year and model. Just did it for one of '98 Minnie models and the V-10 valve is clearly shown
near the tank in the water line going to the pump. Winnebago County water system wouldn't help, of course. Tweedy

Thanks Tweedy. So, that is probably under the bed in the water line? I'll lift up the bed tomorrow and check it out.

I looked under the bed and saw the water tank, the pump and all of the lines coming and going. I don't see anything that looks like it would be the drain for the tank. All of the switches are in the open position, so I'm at a loss.

clfred:  What "Minnie" model schematic are you using?
I've got a '97 Brave, which is sure to be different, but its drain is also next to the tank under the bed.
If all the "switches" are parallel to the water line, as they should be for water to reach the pump, try moving each to its other position (one at a time) and watch for water discharge under the MH. (V-10 valve levers move 180 degrees to change function).
I've had the Brave since new, but it was only last month that I discovered the real function of two other "V-10" valves I've been staring at all this time: they are low point drains, one each for hot and cold water lines--neither are on the schematic, nor mentioned elsewhere!
Frustrating? Yes, but-------?  Tweedy

It is a 1998 Minnie 31WM. I didn't think about switching them 180 degrees so that they still looked "open". I will give that a try one at a time tonight and see if that works. Thanks very much.

While I was typing this, see you found what you need but indulge me;
OK--look on pg 5.
Dotted lines = cold. Solid = hot. "A12" = adapter on tank outlet to the pump, the first valve (V 10) is the drain, but the arrow points to E 20 (E=elbow), V 10 may be attached to E20, but its hard to tell. OH MAN! Just looked at pg 4 --- Centered Queen bed  is same system but with different fittings! Which one should I be looking at? FYI: looks like valve V11 is for anti freeze injection (both pages). On page 4, the hot water tank shows a V11 and V6 which should be the bypass valves so the anti freeze doesn't fill the hot water tank. One more observation on pg 4, upper right (detail C), I see the two V10 valves that are the low point drains I mentioned yesterday, but you are on your own to find them.  When you suceed in finding the drain, if you wish, I'll tell you how the anti freeze thing works (you may already know, of course), although  I never use it here, and it gets cold!! Tweedy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom