Window Shade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvnewbie32

I looked in the forum and did a search but I am not finding what I am looking for.  I probably do not know how to ask it properly.  We have two doors on our TT.  They have the rough surface on them.  One of the doors is in the back of the trailer which is also our bedroom.  On our last trip out the sun rose on that side of the trailer.  I was fine but at about 5 am the sun was beaming in my husbands eyes.  I guess I picked the right side of the bed.  ;D  Have you seen anything that can be placed over the window.  Our trailer is new so anything we can do without screwing it in would be great.  I thought about those window clings but they require a smooth surface.

Thanks

Buy those silver car winshield shields they sell at walmart for the sun, cut it to the size of the door window, then put little strips of velcro around the window molding and voila! you can un-velcro if you need the view and velcro back if you want to completely eliminate any light coming in. Very cheap and efficient fix.

rvnewbie32 said:
I looked in the forum and did a search but I am not finding what I am looking for.  I probably do not know how to ask it properly.  We have two doors on our TT.  They have the rough surface on them.  One of the doors is in the back of the trailer which is also our bedroom.  On our last trip out the sun rose on that side of the trailer.  I was fine but at about 5 am the sun was beaming in my husbands eyes.  I guess I picked the right side of the bed.  ;D  Have you seen anything that can be placed over the window.  Our trailer is new so anything we can do without screwing it in would be great.  I thought about those window clings but they require a smooth surface.

Thanks

they sell that silver stuff at home depot, called retroflex, it's also for insulation but make good light blockers and reflects the sun and heat

Camping World sells the correct size for the trailer windows; or at least they used to.  I had a horse trailer with living quarters and had the same problem-too much light.  The covering is the aluminum foil stuff that the others are talking about; and also had small pieces of velcro included in the package.  I stuck the velcro at the 4 corners on the smooth outside trim rim of the window.  Then stuck the other part of the velcro onto the shade.  It worked very well.

Marsha~

Here is the weblink:  http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/solar-entry-door-window-cover-24-x-16/26406

One has a few options. Is there cloth or a solid surface above the door? One can buy a curtain or shade and attach with drapery hooks or comand strips. Which allows one to choose when you want light or not.

I'm working on one for my door. Lace curtain from fabric store, dyed, with hand sewn ribbons for tie backs. Wooden dowel through the casing. And mounted with small drapery hooks.

Back
Top Bottom