1991 Foretravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDH16

Hello all,
I just purchased a partially restored/ remodeled 1991 Foretravel Grand Villa 36 ORED.  Overall the coach is in pretty decent shape, the previous owner had started the work and then decided to sell. Like many high-end diesel pushers of this era, this particular coach is really geared more towards a full timing couple, than a couple with three young kids. I will be changing the interior layout some, removing and replacing the old CRT televisions with updated LCD units, replacing some of the electronics including the dash mount backup camera monitor, and repairing or replacing the previously mentioned Kool O Matic fan.  Exterior plans include a full buff out of the significantly oxidized gelcoat, removal and replacement of the existing striping, replacing most of the running/clearance lights, and some light fiberglass repair work on the tail cap, as well as removal of an existing mural. 
I wanted a high quality coach with significant towing capacity, but as this is our first motorhome and I am not sure it is going to be a hit with my wife and children I decided I really couldn't justify dropping the green to cover a newer Foretravel or other high quality coach, this seemed like not only an economical, but environmentally friendly way to get into RVing.
At any rate, it's great to see that there is a community out here who are also interested in renovating older coaches!
Best regards,
MDH

Hi! You might also want to check out the Yahoo! group that is specifically for Foretravels. It is a very active discussion group, and you will probably find lots of helpful advice there.

Cheers!
Jen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom