26 foot travel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M

Good day fellow campers,

I have recently inherited a 26 foot travel trailer and require to purchase a truck to pull. My only dilemma is that I have 3 kids and pick up truck should be a perfect fit but also considering a SUV. Any suggestions/recommendations what should be the entry level SUV in order to safely pull this size of trailer???

M

Look on the trailer's DOT plate on the left side front exterior side wall.  The plate should list the trailer's GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating).    Find what that number is and let us know.  From that number you can use the Trailer Life Tow Rating Tables to select a range of vehicles that should work.

I love my 2001 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition and cant imagine losing my back seat for a truck bed.  I put one of my dogs in the very back with a cage blocker and my other dog and five year old are in the middle.  We recently purchased a 27 foot travel trailer that has a dry weight of 6800 lbs.  My expedition has over 100k miles on it and it has pulled it just fine.  Of course an Excursion or F250 would have more power.  I wish they still made Excursions because that would be my next vehicle.  Good luck with your purchase.

Plenty of trucks have back seats these days - either extended cab or crew cab models. At the same time, SUVs that can tow substantial loads are getting rarer and rarer as the drive for more fuel economy eliminates the heavy hauler configurations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom