Looking for an RV/Entertainment network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sawmill Road

Hello! My name is Mark Miracle and I am interested in finding a resource that provides names/locations of RV Parks that are looking to book music and entertainment. We are a national touring bluegrass group called Sawmill Road (www.SawmillRoad.net) and would like to put together a tour of SW USA RV Parks. We will also be looking for an RV sponsor that would be willing to allow us to travel in their latest and greatest RV in order to showcase the unit and the Dealership!

Please let me know if there is a website or person to contact for any of this. I am also open to any and all ideas in order to make this happen!

Thanks,

Mark

I think you are dreaming, Mark. Unless you already have a national following, I doubt if anybody is going to loan you an RV to tour in. Even Charlie Daniels leases his own tour bus.  ;) And relatively few campgrounds offer music or stage entertainment. Those that do typically get local acts for special occasions.

There are some campgrounds that specialize in music - I know of a couple in Florida and Georgia. Not familiar with the southwest, though. I would guess the winter snowbird season would be the best time - that's when SW campgrounds are crowded and can support shows and entertainment.

I think you are dreaming....lol.......but you my contact this guy.....    www.cliffsrvtunes.com 

Check with the resort campgrounds and owner membership parks, the individual ones, and see who they use to find the shows that they have.  We used to belong to a park in So. CA that usually had some form of entertainment on weekends, one I remember was a singer from Sha na na.  We have been gone for almost 12 years but we have friends who sometimes mention the celebrity that they have seen recently there.

I don't know if there is such a network but if they can do a bit of gospel in the blue Grass style I'm parked at Cathead Creek RV park in Townsend GA.. Google it, then call it and ask for Bill (Da boss/Owner/Revrend) he may have some ideas for you... Or a booking... Since he does invite both "Cowboy" and Bluegrass Gospel groups into the Cowboy church on site.

If you can get here before the new year... I usually show up on Thursday evenings for the pot luck.

[list type=decimal]
[*]We spend our winters in the Phoenix area and our park has 2100 sites with a theater that holds 600+. Our shows are booked through local booking agencies a year or more in advance. I have never heard of anyone offering RV's except for charity events or movies.
[/list]

I checked with Bill, and he says so long as you can do Christian Gospel.. Yes, the church DOES pay for Professional groups.

And as he and I were discussion, a song is a song, If you sing in the bluegrass style, no reason it can't be Christian,,, Myself I sing (non pro) in many areas, Sometimes it is Gospel (Though in the classical style, not gospel style) and sometimes it's pagan,  And ... Well, a whole lot of other things too. (Science Fiction Flik Rooms).  Can get real interesting some times when you have multiple sets of lyrics to say... Lord of the dance.

If you are a real musician you should be able to play just about any style of western music. They are all pretty closely related. I don't care for religion at all but I would jump at the chance to play Christian Gospel.

Back
Top Bottom