Norcold N841 not cooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FormulaZR

Ok, I have a 99 Jayco Designer with a Norcold N841. The unit is not one of the ones affected by the recall.

It has been working fine for the 5 years I've owned it, and has been in one place for the past 4 months - also working well. As of 3 days ago, it stopped cooling. It displays no faults, and if switched to propane it will fire the burner - but again, no faults and still won't cool. It also does not seem to be operating in backup mode.

I saw no yellow residue around the back of the unit, but...the black "zig-zag" tubes go to a larger black cylinder (looks like an expansion chamber to me) and that is very warm to the touch - it won't burn you, but it is pretty hot. Do I have a bad/blocked cooling unit that isn't leaking?

I'm sort of at a loss here...any ideas?

judway said:
I believe that model is on the recall list. Check it out.

The model is, yes...but my serial number is outside the range of those part of the recall.

Found my issue. A blown 1A inline buss fuse on the DC side. It was kind of hidden above the lower removeable vent. Anyway...replaced it and all is well...

When it stopped cooling, did the temperature setting mode flash? Mine is doing the right now and it is not cooling.

FormulaZR said:
Found my issue. A blown 1A inline buss fuse on the DC side. It was kind of hidden above the lower removeable vent. Anyway...replaced it and all is well...

Does anybody know where this 1A inline fuse is located?
(Norcold N841
2001 Jayco Eagle 28 ft class C)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom