i decided on a tow dolly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGiacomo

i have been thinking about this for months........i started building a tow rack for my pickup, then priced the coupler for the bar and added 400 dollars for the brake system and ended up with around 800 bucks and a bunch of hard work........

this started me thinking back to a tow dolly.........i can pull my car or my 4x4 pickup and i can use the dolly to pull behind my pickup in case i need to tow another vehicle ..........so i guess versatility probably finally was my deciding factor in picking a dolly over four down.......

i am having an american car dolly delivered to my door tomorrow, by the builder, [in Fort Morgan Co.] for 1240.00 with an E Z brake set up and all straps and chains............the guy swears that these brakes work great, but have to be adjusted right and readjusted for each car .........i can also detach the EZ brake easily and use it on my flatbed trailer with tandem axles.......... 

i know that the pro's and con's can be discussed  for ever but i just thought i could maybe help someone who was 'on the fence' like i was........

as for the quality of the american dolly.................it is built heavy [485 #]........ i have been in welding and steel work for many years and i can say that  it has a lot of steel and good welds.............they could use the grinder a little more...........but then the cost would have to go up...........

i hope i have made the right choice ... :-\

Back
Top Bottom