Some advise on purchasing a C or A Class RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasaths

We live in Australia and will be visiting the US in August this year for 1 month, we want to research the RV market in the Nor Cal Area as next year we will return and buy an RV to travel around in for about 4 months. We will also be towing a covered car trailer with a 1932 Ford Roadster hot rod inside.
I have seen RV's from Cruise America for sale the seem quite good, done about 90,000 miles but quite new. Has anyone experienced buying one of these?
We may sell it after our holiday or we may leave it there and use each year for our overseas holidays, depending on many things.
We will have around $20000 to spend. A dealer in San Francisco has told us they can source one for us and then will sell once we return, or the other option is for them to rent out for us while we are back in Australia and that way we should be able to keep it. Not sure how this would work?
We have set up a LLC in Montana so registering and insurance will be no problem.
We are probably looking for a 25-30 foot RV, diesel or petrol, not sure, V10 Ford? any advise would be appreicated.
My hubby is also planning on getting a Californian drivers license, making it easier/cheaper to get insurance. How hard is it to get a Cally drivers license? I under stand you can make bookings a month in advance. We were planning on sitting the test at a smaller licensing centre, say Barstow, figured it would be easier to get into and not so busy.
Happy to lisern to any advise.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum and glad you are coming over to visit our wonderful country.
Personally I would not consider any RV that has been in a rental fleet.  They have been used and abused by who knows how many people.  Besides the ones I have seen around with the Cruise America logo are all the bottom of the line RV's designed to last only a few years and then be thrown away.
I know you mentioned NorCal region and I assume you will be flying into San Francisco, so you might also consider looking in Oregon for a used RV.  Besides widening your search market, Oregon does not have any sales tax and at the end of the day you would probably get more RV for the dollar.

Thanks for the good advise.
Yes, we were thinking about San Francisco but we want to get a much bang for our buck as we can so Oregon could be a good option. Does anyone know of any good RV dealers in Oregon?

Back
Top Bottom