Has anyone heard of a Bendix Aristocrat travel trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fly2cast

I've had one for a number of years and want to do some work on it.  It was made around 1978.  I can find absolutely no info on the web about it and I did a lot of searching.  Is it made by a company named Bendix or Aristocrat?  Or something else?  How can I find the actual weight other than going to a scale?  The hitch says not to exceed 5000 pounds.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I also have a Bendix Aristocrat travel trailer dated around 1979.  I believe it is made by Bendix and Aristocrat is the model.  We also need to do some electrical work and cannot find any info either.  We have plugs that work continually but ceiling lights that come and go.  Need to know wattage for light bulbs etc.  Have also searched for info so would like to find the owners manuel if possible.  Ours lists the weight as 3500 lbs.  Bev

My parents second trailer was a 1963 Aristocrat. We had a lot of fun vacations in that ole girl. I think their first full-time trailer was also an Aristocrat but can't remember that long ago.

Wendy

Aristocrat trailers were made in Morgan Hill, CA (near San Jose) in the 1960s and 1970s.  They were an independent family-owned company and I believe some of the principles later founded Automate in the same area.  Bendix may have bought Aristocrat during the mid-70s gas crunch, but I'm not sure.

Their sales were primarily by word of mouth and they did very little advertising.  The fact that they were successful without buying ads in Trailer Life Magazine annoyed Art Rouse no end, something he mentioned in one of his RVJournal columns towards the end of his life.

My Dad had an Aristocrat Land Commander when I was growing up.  Our family of 5 had many good vacations all over the country in that rig.  17 ft. long with a porta-potti in a corner closet - no shower, no hot water, a hand pump at the kitchen sink and a propane light in the middle of the kitchen.

Here's some information on Aristocrat from Tin Can Tourists - do any of these resemble yours?

http://www.tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=aristocrat

Check this out in the NADA listings:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-25-38-5692-0-0-0&l=1&w=25&p=38&f=5694&gc=RV&gtc=TT&m=0038&y=1978&ml=A

May not be perfect, but it at least lists a weight to get you started.

Thanks, Lou, for the link and the stroll down memory lane and to fly2cast for starting the thread.

Wendy

I assume you're referring to the original poster - unfortunately, this thread is over 4 years old and he hasn't been back to the Forum since then.

What trailer in particular are you looking for?

in 1978 my dad brought this 28 ft aristocrat trailer in Wisconsin and I last saw it in 1982 when it was taken to Utah so I no longer no where the trailer is.
in the photo it has small emergency door you can see thru jeep window.
has regular door near front on other side into kitchen which folded down for main bed.
had hallway that led to lockers and bathroom which had 2 twin beds in back.
also had upper cabinet doors front and back that folded down.
my grandpa backed into side door right after my dad got it and ended up have a solid white door put on which I believe was still on it when it went out west, so not sure if that door is still on .
I only have some partial photos.
in my 40's now so want that trailer for myself in any condition , anywhere as I will pick it up with cash in hand.

Attachments

• 28ft trailer and jeep.jpg
    28ft trailer and jeep.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 29
Your title for it should say what the weight is on it. I havr a 1978 20ft aristocrat by bendix. The info i have collected on it is that bendix bought out aristocrat sometime after 1974. I think on mine it was weighted at 3499 i think id have look at my title cause my state does the plates by weight.
fly2cast said:
I've had one for a number of years and want to do some work on it.  It was made around 1978.  I can find absolutely no info on the web about it and I did a lot of searching.  Is it made by a company named Bendix or Aristocrat?  Or something else?  How can I find the actual weight other than going to a scale?  The hitch says not to exceed 5000 pounds.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom