Aeropress-my New favorite coffeemaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

New favorite coffeemaker

I like espresso coffee, but it is hard to get when rigged for travel. I have found 2 kiosks (Newport OR and Delta Jct AK) where you can drive up and buy my favorite 4 shot americano from the driver's side window of my 60 ft RV+toad.

So I was intrigued to read about a manual press device, similar to a french press coffeemaker that was said to make a cup of nearly espresso. At $25.00 I took achance on it and find it really works.

Aeropress, available from Amazon is clear plastic and rubber with a small paper filter.

Start 2 cups of water in the microwave ( 4 min) for 175F temp.
Place filter paper in black holder and bayonet mount it to reaction chamber.
Pour in 1-4 scoops of fine ground coffee.
set reaction chamber atop coffee cup.
pour in hot water to the line for the number of scoops
stir with paddle for 10 seconds
attach plunger and slowly push the brewed coffee throughout he filter into the cup.
remove reaction chamber and pour the rest of the hot water into the cup and enjoy. Total elapsed time 5-6 minutes.

Cleanup is a quick rinse. Washing not needed.

I keep one of those handy for those times when I might want just one cup of coffee in the afternoon or early evening.  The wife does not drink coffee after the mornings, so a pot or even half a pot is a waste.

Here's their site with all the info...http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm

We've been using this press for almost two years and really love the rich, creamy taste of the 'Cafe American' coffee it makes!  It goes everywhere we travel, and back home, as well...

We always use dark, rich, French Roast beans, and grind em' as we use em'.... ;)

We found a small, square cloth lined basket to keep the coffee maker in, along with a small electric grinder and a ground coffee bean air tight container...we also keep a probe type thermometer in the basket so we can monitor the water temp easier...

At home we simply microwave some water to make coffee, in our TT we use a small tea kettle on the stove - only takes a couple of min's...

Clean up is very easy, as you simply 'shoot' the grounds into the trash after pressing, then a quick rinse and you're done!

Try one, you'll like it... ;)

Ray

As a techie, I must use my laser guided infrared remote sensing thermometer!

Back
Top Bottom