Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Hi Bill,

We're getting anxious now, too. Should be a great trip once we get past all the big cities. Good talking with you today.

Have a line on a different site for you.  Way wider, but not as deep, should be OK, slight angle to hug tree on P side, water connection on D side.  8'10" between.  Straight back your front end will just be on street, not a problem, but the angle looks like it will work better.  I'll send you a picture.

Hi Bill,

I split this topic so the H,S,& J doesn't keep popping up. :) Thanks for checking out other sites. Hopefully, we will fit in one of them. We made it to Lake City, FL yesterday and hope to be in Montgomery, AL tonight. Might spend a couple of days in the Black Hills. Would love to ride the bike in that area. I also want to see the Devil's Tower and stop at the Little Big Horn.

Good idea on the split. 
We stayed in the WalMArt in Lake City on our way back last year.  Worst overnight ever.  There was a campground just up the street but we were pulling in very late, didn't see the entrance.  Maybe you found it.

Bill,

Don't remember the exit number off I10 but we had to backtrack 7 miles from I75. The campground was just north of I10. It sat right next to the Westbound side.

That explains it, it was about 2200 hrs, dark and in no mood to backtrack anyplace.  This is why we normally stop earlier.  That day we stopped to see a friend, he had told us to overnight in front of the house, but it was a very narrow road in a gated community.  Didn't want to get the midnight knock.  So we moved on and kept not finding anything.

Welcome to WallyWorld.

One of the sites they pulled a trailer off will have power installed before you get here.  It is pretty big, but backs up to the bath-house, and laundry.  That one will no issues whatsoever in parking.  Site 38 had an American Dream on it last season.  Either will no issue with dish on a tripod out behind. 

I am heading out to look at it again.

Jim,

We had planned to leave this Friday and head North to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Unfortunately I have to be in LA Monday to see my ear Doctor. Since round one of our summer trips is three week, we decided to switch and do California and see my sister and the Lynches.

We hope the we can head your way on round two which will be the beginning of August, but that is ?? because of my hearing and the situation at work. I'll know more about my schedule for Doctors after Monday. If that is clear I think it is probably 80% that we will be in McCall, ID for the Harmonica festival (Yellowpine 8/7), then head to Glacier and then south through Yellowstone and the Tetons.

If that fails there is always our September trip (currently planned for either Oregon or Colorado)

Hope to catch up with you.

ken

Ken,

Really sorry to hear you are having such problems with your hearing. Hope they can find a cure sometime soon. Sure hope you and Sheila make it to Yellowstone. We should be there in a few days. We're going to see Ron & Sam today. Did the tour of the Little Big Horn battlefield yesterday. Quite an interesting guided tour by a Native American from the Crow tribe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom