Roadtrek front tire blow-out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elee325

Greetings,

I am a happy owner of a new 2010 Roadtrek SS-ideal.  One thing that concerns me is the top-heavy design that if i were to have a front tire blow-out, the beast will be harder to bring it in control.  I am searching the Internet to see if there are any after market Blow-out prevention kits that I can install, i.e., similar concept as the "Slime" goo stuff that they use in wheel barrel tires and bicycle tires.  Unintended benefit would be to keep the spare in my garage thereby giving us a more storage space in the van since the SS-Ideal are notorious of storage problem or lack thereof.  Appreciate any advice and recommendations.    :)

The only one I know of is the Tyron device that allow a wheel to run flat.  They are expensive.

I wonder if you would feel better with a TPMS  (tire pressure monitoring system) on the Roadtrek.  At least you might get some warning that you were having a problem.  Not that it would help in a situation where the tire would go flat instantly like a sliced tire; but it could give you a heads up.

Marsha~

I agree with Marsha, you need a TPMS. I personally never drive an RV over 55 mph which gives me an extra cushion of safety and I absolutely never even come close to tailgating anyone. Of course no one is ever going that slow besides me so it usually isn't an issue. And if you do get a blowout don't hit the brakes.

Here is what I do: I have a  TPMS and a Safe-T Plus, which helps control the rig in a blowout. I never drive over 60 mph. I check my tires before every drive.
Constance
1997 Dodge Roadtrek 190 Popular

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom