RV-Custom Products BCC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Howard R

Does anyone know of a source for testing/repair of a RV-Custom Products BCC?  This one is a CB-115 Rev C.

Left a message at RV-Custom Products but never got a return call.

And or a replacement source ... so far Fleetwood has them for about $160 and Walt's RV didn't come up with anything.
EBAY currently only has a BCC for a diesel (RV god) that I found.

And or complete board information for troubleshooting/repair.

I have the "battery control center trouble shooting guide" (13 pages) which I believe Lou sent me (thanks!)

Howard

Howard, what are your symptoms?

The major portion of the board is simply land patterns, fuses and relays that can be easily fixed or replaced.  If your problem is in the charge control logic circuits it is often cheaper to replace that function with an Intellitec BIRD rather than replace the board.  One source HERE

There is a fellow on the Yahoo group Bounder forum that sells the RV-CP boards at a reasonable price.  If I can remember my long forgotten sign-on to that forum, I'll look up his info for you.  Let me know if I can be of further help.

BTW - those diagrams and instructions that I sent you are about as basic and thorough as I've ever seen on the BCC circuit boards.

Hi Lou,

Originally AUX START solenoid would not pull in .... bad solenoid, replaced with continuous duty from Napa and all is well there.    Then I discovered that system was not pulling in chassis or house batteries as it should ... I am suspecting the "Voltage Sensing and Control Electronics" (see Fig 6 of info you sent me).  I read 13.62v on P7 pin 1 which should have connected both sets of batteries through the solenoid as I understand it.  I haven't located P14 pin 1 ... thinking it may be on the back side of the board.

Anyway I'm thinking I need to pull the board out and give it a good visual inspection, but also as you say, there isn't a whole lot there except that one circuit. 

The fellow on the Bounder group would probably be Bud Weisbrod ... last I heard he is not stocking them anymore since Fleetwood is now selling parts direct.  That was where I got the $160 price.  So that would certainly make the "BIRD" more cost efficient.

I have been operating it manually using the Aux Start switch but need to get it operating on it's own.

Howard

Howard, you are correct about the name, Bud Weisbrod.

On the "C" level circuit board, the ignition relay is mounted on the board, so P14-1 may not be accessible.  However, if you have voltage on fuses F6-thru-F12  with the chassis battery connected and the ignition ON, that point would have to be good.

Other than the sensing circuits (which don't have any detailed circuit drawings), about the only thing you could check further would be the two diodes feeding the sensor.

Let me know if you ever hear from RV-CP, and if they are of any help.  Good luck, lou

Lou,

I will double check the voltage on F6-F12 ... good point.  Don't know if I will get a chance today, but will let you know what I find eventually.

Just hate (besides $$$) to throw away stuff that could easily be repaired I would think.

Thanks for the help,

Howard

I also need the 13 page doc on the basic custom products BCC.
Help please. Every time I try to plug in it is throwing the Land breaker, Does not do it until I re-engage the power disconnect switch.

baustin, I sent you an e-mail (via the forum SW) requesting an e-mail address to send the BCC diagrams.

However, I can't imagine anything in the BCC that would affect your shore power connection.

What are you referring to when you say you "re-engage the power disconnect switch?

A main breaker? or one of the Battery disconnect switches?

The Power (Battery) disconnect switch on the Panel just inside the entrance door. I understand this switch is to turn off all 12V power to the coach? When that switch is off, the shore power does not blow and the inverter appears to be working. This is a 1999 SeaBreeze. It appears that the panel has been changed before, the manual schematic does not coincide with the panel that is there now. Also the power cut off to the front slide does not work, instead of shutting off when closing, it will go ahead and shear the pin. I'm going to take it to a qualified repairman, I would just like to know that I'm being told the right things to do with the coach. I've had a bad experience before.

My E-mail is [email protected]
Thanks
Bruce

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom