water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darrellguy

still working on my 1999 bounder my current problem is the water pump my owners Manuel said to make sure the master switch is turned on but I cant find it I have three switches in the Kitchen, bathroom, and hook up area none will stay in the on position nor will the switch light come on I have 12 volts at each switch but cant get any thing working. Any ideas where to look for the problem?

The three pump switches are usually momentary because they serve only to trigger a relay, typically a special purpose Intellitec water pump relay.  The actual 12v power to the pump comes from  the relay and I suspect your relay has failed or the 12v source for the relay is out. Have you checked for a blown fuse?  The relay is often quite near the pump, the the exact location is for the convenience of the wiring installer and not subsequent RV owners. There may also be a fuse inline with the water pump itself, between the pump and the relay.

Thanks gary, yes I have checked the fuses and they are fine there is a electrical panel located in the water pump compartment fastened to the overhead could this be the relay and how can I check it

Since the indicator light isn't coming on when you toggle the switches, I would guess the fuse for the controller or the controller itself has failed.  It furnishes the 12VDC for the light when the pump is turned on.  Even if the relay or the power to the relay had failed, the controller would still work and the light would light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom