windshield tinting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napalm204

All-

In an attempt to further cool the cockpit, I am wondering if anyone has done an aftermarket windshield tint.  I have three questions about such a procedure:

1.  have you done it?
2.  does it help?
3.  is it legal?

Most every state has restrictions on how much tint may be applied to a windshield. Some windshields are already tinted to the max allowed, but maybe your '95 is not.

Tinting does not do much for heat gain unless the "tint" is reflective on one side. A dark tint merely converts the sun to heat right on the glass, so you need to reflect the sun away rather than just stop it at the glass.

When parked, you can put one of those large reflector shields on the dash inside - they help quite a bit. Many RV stores have a super-large size for motorhome windshields.

Mine has a lite tint on it, and it really helps, at least in daytime driving. Might have a little reflection in night driving but it doesn't bother me. One draw back is that almost anything that comes into contact with it seems to leave a permanent mark. Those 'receipts' at RV parks and campgrounds that they want stuck in the corner of the window? Can't seem to get the glue residue off without damage to the tint.

Back
Top Bottom