Bye Bye Bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom and Margi

After 14 nearly bullet proof years in our Bounder diesel (with no slides), we're about to become 5th wheelers.  In just a few hours, a new (to us only) Monaco McKenzie 35+ foot fifth wheel with two slides is being delivered to our lot here at Timber Valley.  Now that we're no longer travelers, I think we'll really enjoy the extra space. 

For the time being, the Bounder will be in storage here in the park, but we eventually will be selling it.

Margi and Tom

Tom and Margi said:
After 14 nearly bullet proof years in our Bounder diesel (with no slides), . . .

Now that we're no longer travelers, I think we'll really enjoy the extra space. 

OHMYGOSH, Margi and Tom!!! Now I have mixed emotions - happy for you and the additional space you will have but sad that you are "not" travelers anymore. I will miss you on the road. :) :(

I go back those 14 years and recall one of the first Forum rallies ever that we put together at the Peppermill in Sacto - and how you and Tom looked forward to the RV show at Cal Expo to look at new RV's, how you continued to talk new RV at the rally at the 49er Village park in Jackson and showed me your current (at that time) small TT -- and finally, how thrilled you were at the rally over on the Delta having arrived in your new Bounder! And we have crossed paths many times since then -- such as in QZ.

But again, bottom line is that whatever makes you happy at this point in time -- is a good thing . . .  :)

Wow, I'm sure that wasn't an easy decision for you.  Now we have another reason to visit the NW again, it's the only way we'll get to see you again.  I"m sure you'll enjoy your new home.

Congratulations on the "new" home.  Now we REALLY WILL have to plan our west coast trips better so we don't go flying by in a storm or whatever.  We have to get there from time to time as so many of our family are there so hopefully in a year or so we will be there.

Again congratulations on the new home.

Hey o
Tom and Margi, what a deal for you.  Now you will have more room to get more stuff!  We are excited for you.  I see  a rally for an open house in your future!

It is a passage of an era isn't it?

Betty

Thanks for all the good wishes, friends.  Because of our proximity to I-5 we're hoping to see all of you from time to time.  Helaine and Wally are helping us transfer "stuff" from the Bounder to the 5th.  I thought we got rid of all the "stuff" years ago, but I see now I was mistaken.  ;D  Computer tme will be limited for the next few days.

Margi

Several people at Happy Trails have done that including the fellow across the street. Like the look of a trailer to that of a park model.

Enjoy your "new" digs.

Wow, congratulations Tom and Margi!  We'll be sure to stop in for the grand tour next time Cindy and I make a trip to CA.

Again, thanks guys!  BTW, the tear in my eye is for my achin' back.  It's been a long time since I worked this hard!  ;)  Helaine and Wally have been a tremendous help.  We have until Monday to empty the Bounder and take it to storage -- unless we get a permit extension, which we might. 

Margi

Tom & Margi,

Pat was just asking last week if you still had the Bounder. I said yes and then we get this message. I'm sure you will enjoy the 5th wheel as they sure do have more space. It's sad to see the last Bounder of our original group be retired. I do have those videos on my DVDR and promise I will get them transferred. It's just been a little busy and I haven't taken the time to edit the two or three I have saved. I also need to send a copy to Fred & Daisy. Those were some of the best times we have had in all these years of RVing!

Jim Dick said:
Those were some of the best times we have had in all these years of RVing!

Weren't they though!  :D  Good memories of meeting such good friends along the way.  Two defining memories of you two:  first when the two of us turned a 7 a.m. trip to dump black and grey tanks into the social event of the season.  Second, when both Pat and I bought into Fred's description of the Arizona nuke site (NOT) over the CB radio, while Daisy cracked up in their rig.  Oh, a third.  When you and Pat drove all the way to Shipsewanna to have lunch with us after we were sideswiped by a semi and the Bounder was being repaired.  I'm sure there's a third, fourth, and fifth, but I'll stop there.  ;)

All of you other friends who responded to our message:  I treasure individual memories of each and every one of you, too.  Just haven't had time enough on the computer to do you all justice.  Bless all of you with good travels in the future.  We're eagerly awaiting future trip reports.  :D

Margi

Margi,

That was a neat dump trip but I believe the time was more like 6 or 6:30 as we wanted to be in line before they opened at 7. :) Nothing like having good friends with whom to converse to make a dreary task fly by.

The "Nuke" event is on the video though we don't have pictures of Daisy falling out of her seat laughing. ;D ;D The trip to Shipshewanna was a pleasure for us. Besides, you both needed a Framily hug!

Gosh, Margi, I stay off line a few days and all kinds of stuff happens ???....  Sad to hear the Bounder is going, but knowing the good times you had in it will live on in pictures and memories.  You will so enjoy the room in the fifth wheel and lots more room for NEW stuff as well.  ;D  We'd like to get back in that direction, but don't know if that's possible yet.  Who knows?  We go one day at a time....

Daisy

Thanks, Daisy.  We're about 80% out of the Bounder, but lordy what a mess.  We have things stacked all over the new 5th scratching our heads and trying to find a place for everything.  I think we have plenty of storage available, it's just different.  Cabinets galore, but not too many drawers -- that kind of thing. Slow but sure.  We're pooped!  Will be glad to get back to normal -- whatever that is.  ;D

Margi

Glad we got to see your new trailer yesterday.  I know you'll enjoy it once you get settled.

Jeannine

I  go off the Forum for 2+ weeks and you go and get a 5'er.  Sorry to see the Bounder go but congratulations on the 5'er and more room to accumulate more stuff after you find a place for all the present stuff.

Tom and Margi said:
Thanks, Daisy.  We're about 80% out of the Bounder, but lordy what a mess.  We have things stacked all over the new 5th scratching our heads and trying to find a place for everything.  I think we have plenty of storage available, it's just different.  Cabinets galore, but not too many drawers -- that kind of thing. Slow but sure.  We're pooped!  Will be glad to get back to normal -- whatever that is.  ;)
Margi

With all that cleaning out, did the lost "checkbook" ever show up? ;)

Daisy - Curious minds want to know :p

I'm beginning to feel less flustered.  We have almost everything put away and I still have one empty drawer and some empty cabinets.  Our daughter provided an electric ice maker for our 50th wedding anniversary, so we've had the ceremonial tossing of the *%&!! ice cube trays.

Daisy - Nope -- investment checkbook is lost and gone forever, along with quite a bit of the $$ it contained.  ::)

Break over, back to work .....

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom