Bye Bye Bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom and Margi,

Congratulations on the new fifth wheel, but it is sad to see the Bounder retired.
I know you will enjoy the space gained in the fifth.

Sheila and I hope to get up there this year, but with my hearing and changes at my company everything is up in the air. We wanted to stop last year, but ended up canceling the last part of our summer trip to head to my hearing doctor.

You take care and we'll get there sooner or later.

Ken & Sheila

Tom & Margi:  Seems there comes a time in all of our lives to make changes.  Haven't seen you two for a while, but you never know.  We might make it up that way before our time comes.  Surely you will stay on the Forum and keep me in line.  Hugs to both of you.

Ken & Sheila said:
You take care and we'll get there sooner or later.

Cast my vote for sooner, please.  Tom needs a Sheila fix.  ::)  Sorry to hear about your ear problem, Ken.  I hope it gets resolved soon.  As for work, well, they're always going to "need" you because you're so talented.  Hope you can call a halt to that soon.

Margi

Ron from Big D said:
.  Surely you will stay on the Forum and keep me in line. 

When did I ever "successfully" keep you in line, Ron?  ;D ;D ;D 

We're both still relatively healthy, just involved in other activities and enjoying family.  Would love to see you if you get to the Pacific NW.

Margi

As of Thursday, the Bounder will have a new owner!  We're delivering it to Scappoose, Oregon to a family very eager to start their new adventure.  We're delighted it sold so fast in light of the current economy.

Those walls hold lots of memories .....  :D

Margi

Congratulations on the sale, but I know it's sad day as well.

Congratulations Margi. The new owners will be getting a well-cared for coach.

RV Roamer said:
Our Amana oven has a new owner!!!

I'll bet its a day of mixed emotions to see the old gal go. Hope her new owners love her as much as you folks did.

i'm sure they'll love it like you did :)

Hi Margi,

Congratulations on the sale! All of our Bounders now have moved on. An end to a wonderful era but the start of a new one.  :)

So happy to hear your Bounder sold so quickly as you noted.  At least you won't have that hanging heavy anymore.  Letting go of the stimulus for lots of memories has to tug at the old heartstrings.  But hopefully the new purchase is filling the space nicely. 

Jim Dick said:
Congratulations on the sale! All of our Bounders now have moved on. An end to a wonderful era but the start of a new one.  :)

I hadn't thought about it until you wrote the above, but remember how Bounders seemed to be "king of the road" back then.  They were EVERYWHERE!!  We were so happy to have owned ours and had lso much fun in it too.  Sometimes it seems our small rallies back then were Bounder Rallies  :D

Daisy

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes.  It's certainly bittersweet to see it go.  It's been such a relatively trouble free rig for the last 14 1/2 years.  We realized just recently, that because each promotion for Tom meant moving and buying a new house, we have actually lived in the Bounder two years longer than any house of the six houses we previously owned! 

I guess we're the last to let go of our original "Bounder Bunch".  Sure was fun!

Margi

Daisy,

Those were great rallies and we miss our Bounder, too. If it had more payload I probably would still own it! Also reminds me I have to do something about that video I've promised both of you. Hopefully, we can hand deliver your copy. Wish we could do the same for Tom & Margi.

You can hand deliver that video, Jim  We're right on the way to Davis Cabinets.  Don't you have some custom work in mind you just can't live without?  ;D

Margi

Hi Margi,

I'm sure I could find something but wouldn't be able to pay him. ;D Wish we could come that way. Won't leave here until 16 October and it'll probably be snowing by then.

Tom & Margi,

Congrats on the new home. I'm sure you'll love the extra room. We started with a 40', 2 slide Teton and then moved to the Beaver just for the ease in setting up and traveling. Many times we have missed the extra room we had in the 5th wheel.

Chet

Jim Dick said:
Hi Margi,

Well,,,, not all! We still have our Bounder  ;)

jerryarlyne said:
Well,,,, not all! We still have our Bounder  ;)

Jerry,

Sorry, didn't mean to say all Bounders were gone. :)

On our first trip west we met Tom & Margi and Fred & Daisy. We all had Bounders. Tom & Margi had a diesel pusher like ours. We traveled from Tucson to QZ together. It was a wonderful trip and we had a lot of fun. Over the years both Fred & I replaced our Bounders but Tom kept his. I know I miss the Bounder and I'm sure Fred & Daisy have fond thoughts of theirs.

One of our memories is when the three of us went to the dumpsite at QZ early one morning so we could be near the head of the line. We all made coffee and chatted over the CB while waiting. We managed to turn an unpleasant job into social event.:)

Back
Top Bottom