Install A/C on popup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New Guy 2010

Hello, still looking at a popups. However, it seems there are quite a few out there that don't have heat or a/c. How much does it cost to install an A/C? I dont want a window A/C. I want a rooftop mount. As for the heat I think I can fix that problem with a small space heater? What are your thoughts? Am I asking for problems by putting a rooftop a/c in a popup that was not designed with one? What about the small space heater? Safe?

Lots of pop-up have A/C.  Some A/Cs have heater elements built in.  That could prove to be a nice solution. 

There is a website that sell the Coleman Mark-III 13,500BTU units for around $460. They are very easy to install and have heater element. Also PepBoys sells a portable unit of simillar capacity w/out the heater element for about the same price.

If I were you I would ask the manufacture of the pop-up you intend to purchase.  Not all pop-ups are equal, some may have stronger lift mechanisms than others.

It may also be possible to purchase one that is pre-wired for AC, or even with AC already installed.  This may be a less expensive option than getting one and then retrofitting it later.  ;)

Back
Top Bottom