New Spoof From eBay Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valleygeocacher

I just received a demand for shipment of an item supposedly purchased by an eBay user. There's a link on it to RESPOND.

I checked and found that person never bought anything from me, so I forwarded the email to [email protected] with a request to investigate. They came back within five minutes with info that it was a spoof email and the RESPOND link contained a virus.

Cuidado!

valleygeocacher said:
I just received a demand for shipment of an item supposedly purchased by an eBay user. There's a link on it to RESPOND.

I checked and found that person never bought anything from me, so I forwarded the email to [email protected] with a request to investigate. They came back within five minutes with info that it was a spoof email and the RESPOND link contained a virus.

Cuidado!

I have had about 20 of those so far in the last few months.  First: I have NEVER sold anything on E-bay

2nd: I often take the time to check the url the "click to respond" button points to and it's NEVER E-bay

3rd.. I forward to the same address ([email protected]) you use.... Note, [email protected] (same mail box far as I know) is for paypal spoofs  (I keep getting "update your pay pal account"

Others you will get warn your account is about to be suspended and such

I will update my Pay-Pay info (the credit card has expiered) when next I use it.  Not before and for sure not in response to an E-mail

I hope that they take the time to track these folks down and take a byte out of crime

I just got a notice to update my Pay Pal  and have never bought anything nor sold anything on ebay.  I have no account with Paypal so I blocked the messages. 

Back
Top Bottom