Awning leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

I have experienced a new leak ( wonders never cease ) and it is between the MH and the front Awning attachment. My question is the best way to reseal this. I want to remove the old screws and replace the caulking behind the attachement strip for the awning and then put in new screws with a line of caulk on top of the attachement. What is the best way to keep the awning from falling all over the place when the screws are removed? Would you just put some bracing up or swing a strap around it and secure it somewhere?

Get a friend to help and take the awning completely down - should not be hard (procedure varies by brand of awning).  I like to use two step ladders and just set the roller tube down on the top of the ladders.

RV Roamer said:
Get a friend to help and take the awning completely down - should not be hard (procedure varies by brand of awning).  I like to use two step ladders and just set the roller tube down on the top of the ladders.

Thanks for the reply, I did not give the brand which is ZipDee awning. I was thinking about taking all of the screws from the top and lean it forward but leave the bottom ones holding the arms bolted in at the bottom to kind of keep it lined up for putting it back together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom