Visit with Ron & Sam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
After traveling over 2400 miles we arrived yesterday at Sam's Camp in Lewistown. We visited with Ron that afternoon. We were really pleased to see how well Ron was doing. He is still telling his stories and they haven't changed at all, which is a good sign. He also tells a few jokes now and then.

He seems to know most of the folks that pass by his room and has a good relationship with his caregivers. I know I feel much better now that I have seen him in person. He still has a long way to go but his spirits seem to be in the right place. I know there are down days but that happens to all of us at some point. He is looking forward to Friday as they are letting him go to his favorite restaurant in Lewistown. That should be a real treat for him.

We'll be leaving tomorrow for Yellowstone. Need to get settled in and learn the lay of the land before we really start to work.

Thanks for the update Jim. It's great to hear that Ron is doing so well.

Hi Tom,

He's doing much better than he was last year. I'm happy to see he still has his sense of humor. He still loves telling stories. ;D

Thanks Jim. There's only one Ron R.

How was Sam doing? She's been a real trooper through this whole thing.

Tom,

Sam is tired both mentally and physically but she's a trooper. She visits Ron everyday. Fortunately the home is close by so she doesn't have to drive far.

Leaving today for Yellowstone. Wish we could stay a little longer.

Laurie and I spent 3 nights at Sam's Camp a week ago. Like you Jim, we were encouraged by Ron's positive outlook and progress. He was telling us stories about their assignments by Boeing in Japan and Australia among other experiences. 

Sam sure is a trooper! Visiting Ron twice a day and trying to take care of the house, lawn and now trying to get the motorhome sold. It is good that the nursing home where Ron is is only 2 miles from their house.

Ron loves to get cards from the Forum family. For those who would like to send him a card, you can send them to Ron Ruward, 511 Truck Bypass,  Lewistown, MT 59457 and Sam will take them over to the nursing home when she visits.

Thanks for the report, Jim.  Sam said the ramp to the front door is underway.  That will enable home visits for about an hour.  So glad you and the Parks had a chance to visit.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Thanks for the report, Jim.  Sam said the ramp to the front door is underway.  That will enable home visits for about an hour.  So glad you and the Parks had a chance to visit.

ArdraF

The ramp was done when we got there. The contractor did a great job and Ron is sure ready to start making his visits home.

Thanks for the report Jim.  Really glad to hear that Ron is improving and humorous as always.  Bless Sam.  She has had a hard time since the event.

Thanks also for the address Chet.  I'll get a card out to Ron today.

As well as sending individual cards, at the next rally the Framily could do what we did in Brenda when Jean Mullen was ill and couldn't make our rally. We took a group photo and made it into a card which was signed by all present. I'm sure he'd love to see something like that.

Back
Top Bottom