1995 Winnebago Luxor Basement Air Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very happy with the cooling power of the unit when on 50 Amps, so it is pretty clear that only one compressor runs on 30 Amp service.  I can close the book on that one.  Still working on Dash AC.  Compressor is running.  The system was a bit low on gas, so I added some.  But still not blowing cold air. 

Also have a '95 Luxor. The 30A/50A switch above the stove only allows one of the two ac units to run on the 30A setting. With the 50A setting the second ac unit kicks in after a 30 second delay. It's been 104+ here in the sun and our ac has kept the temp below 80 hooked up to 50 amps. Hooked up to 30 amps it couldn't handle the nineties.

Looks like my basement AC went on vacation without me. The circuit board fried, by the looks of the smoke burns on the casing this board has been replaced before. seems like a weak spot. Considering converting it from 12v dc control to 24v ac controls. Parts are much more reasonable and better quality besides they can be replaced individually without having to pay $190 for the whole circuit board. I can even "jump-out" a failed relay in an emergency. any suggestions or comments please let me know.

Any ideas what caused the board to fry?  Power Surge?  How long have you owned your Luxor?

September will be one year. No power surge this time just hot summer at the beach. The power surge a couple of months ago took out the inverter and transfer switch.

Hearing that makes me think I need Surge Protection.  Have you installed one since the surge?

A surge protector is cheap protection. For a 50 amp Surge Guard is about $350 at Camping World.  How much was that inverter and transfer switch to replace??

I lucked  out on the inverter. cost me $14. bought a transformer on-line from allied and soldered it into the board, repair wanted $500 and replacement would have been $1280. No labor since I work cheap. (Beer and Tacos) Transfer switch was about $180 after shopping the net.  Just bought the parts to convert basement air from 12vdc to 24vac , so far it's cost $86 including terminal ends and spare relays and transformer, replacement board lists for $180.

Circuit board has been replaced twice on our Luxor ac. Would appreciate info on converting to 24VDC. Can you still operate ac on 30A after conversion?

I'll let you know as soon as I get it back in the coach, been under the weather lately but did get it wired and tested now have to interface the 24v with the 12vdc.  Winnebago didn't take alot of care putting the ductwork in, too many leaks in the supply air and the return duct, must have been in a hurry. I'm not very impressed with their work.

I had a bad leak about two feet up the wall where the main supply line comes in under the sink.  Was causing condensation to drip and run in the floor.  Ending up getting a pretty large area of carpet wet before I caught it.  What other leaks have you found?

Ok....You guys are scarin' me. Where is this circuit board? In the unit down under or???
As far as leaky ducts go, I know of none (yet) but my cabinet above the sink is very cold when the ac is on. I always hated roof air with the drips down the side of the coach over my rain-Xed windows etc but I'm beginning to wonder.

I am getting in late on this topic.  I bought my 95 Luxor "all-steer' new, now have 175,000 miles on it.  The basement air has worked great.  When traveling in 90 degree plus weather, I turn on the generator and run the A/C in 50 amp mode.  To make it all more efficient, I pull the night shades down in the bedroom and then close bedroom door.  It helps keep the front end cooler, and the bedroom stays cold as well.  At times, we also close the door to the bathroom. 

We have burned our circuit board once, while in the desert, when our diesel fuel tank went so low as to shut out the generator.  The momentary effect on the generator, as it was cutting out for lack of fuel, was like a 'brown out' which then fried the board.  The board is located in the basement A/C box, and I needed professional repair to fix it.

Of late, I have discovered that where the A/C ducts connect at the ceiling, moisture must have leaked out, as my roof has delaminated directly above that site.

My dash has not worked for some time, and I have just not gotten around to have it fixed.  Will be in Gaffney this September, and have this scheduled for service.

Exactly where on the ceiling did this happen?  Any chance you could post a picture?

when I pulled the AC out i found a crack in the return air 6 in long and big enough to stick my little finger in, the foam gasket between the return and the supply ducts were both crumbly (what was left) and like others the cabinet above the sink is putting out cold air but until I fix the rest I just leave the door cracked like it was a supply grill.  After I get done with her the old bus will hopefully freeze me out. Here's a thought..if winnebago is one of the best...what are the others like??

Sorry, can't see the connection to photo it.  It is where the ducts that go through the upper cabinet then connect to the ceiling.  There are no inside marks to indicate a leakage.  But, at the roof, the delamination is right over that same spot.  When air is circulating, I can feel the vibration when I place my hand on the roof.  Can't give you any more info than that.  Will have the Factory look at it when we are there next Spring.  They looked at it a couple years ago, said not to worry about it.  But, it has grown in size.  And, they don't own the rig. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom