Norcold 1200 LRIM 12v fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afchap

Our Nodcold 1200 LRIM has not been cooling well in the current extreme heat. Tonight I realized I am not hearing the oem dual fans running. I have the service manual etc.  12v is good, no error codes in diagnostic mode. Does anyone have experience with fans that aren't working?  Do they have their own fuse I am not seeing?  The cooling unit was replaced last Nov ...I am wondering if the fans have been inop since then and we didn't notice, but inside temp has been good until the past few days.

I would think there would be a fuse for the fans, but don't have a clue where it may be.  The fans are on a thermostat, so that could also be the culprit.  Listen from the outside grill - you may not hear them inside unless it is very quiet in the RV.

Mine seem to have a mind of their own. They don't run when I think it's hot and run like crazy when it seems a moderate temp. I often hear them whining in the late evening when the day has cooled off. Obviously temps in the cooling "chimney" are different than outside ambient, but sometimes it defies logic.

Problem cured.  I contacted Motley RV Repair in OK City and they agreed to look at it today with the understanding that it might be a simple fix, but also might not. After I told them about the cooling unit being replaced, they said it was possible the fans were not correctly connected. So we broke camp this morning and drove 40 miles across OK City. The tech found that the 12v was hooked up to the control board backwards, causing reversed polarity. Most things don't care about the polarity, but apparently the fans do care!  After he reversed the connections, the fans immediately started humming, and by the time we got the 40 miles back to the RV park the refrigerator temp was in the low 40's compared to 52 yesterday afternoon.  I sent a note to the place that did the cooling unit replacement last November letting them know they need to be sure they get the control board properly connected on other units they repair...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom