I am about to buy a new RV!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I have been flirting with the idea for a while now. Looked at several different options including adding a slide out to my present rig (not enough room for slide mechanical equipment).  I went to a dealer in Michigan (General RV Centers) today to look at a used 09' Journey.  It was clean and only had 6K miles on it.  While I was there the subject of a new rig came up. I was dead set against a 11' model due to the new diesel fluid required in the new motors.  They had a new 10' in stock at one of their stores.  We negotiated back and forth (the DW is a salesman killer) and came up with a fair price on a new 10' Journey Express 34Y. ;D

I can't believe we may actually do this, but I am as excited as a kid at Christmas ;D  We go back tomorrow to see it in person as they are bringing it from one of their other stores.  If it looks as good in person as it did on line, we will sign papers :eek:

I am excited and terrified at the same time. If it goes according to plan, we pick it up Monday and spend the rest of Monday and part of Tuesday swapping all of our stuff over :p

I will know tomorrow if it's going to happen.  What the heck, you only go around once, and you can't take it with you.......... 8)

Hey thanks guys!  Yep the 32T will be at the General dealer lot in Wixom by next week!  Yep, all kinds of goodies in it too!  Did lots of projects on this in the last 4 years.  I'll post up some pics after we see it this afternoon!  Yee Haw!

Looked at a '10 34Y there a few weeks ago. Very nice. Really nice to see that they changed a few things from the first 34Y's. The cabinets at the top of the slide was the big one for me.

Working with Bob?

Congrats, if that's what you want to do and you have the money!  What did you not like about your '06, that the newer rig accomplishes so much better?

SargeW said:
Did lots of projects on this in the last 4 years.

This is why I can't imagine up and selling/trading ours.  Not to mention it wouldn't be worth much.  ;)

Working with Dan Broad, a real nice guy. The main reason we changed was for the 3rd slide.  The difference in the living area is huge. We went there to look at an 09' that they had advertised. I am glad we wound up going with the 10'. There was a huge difference in the storage capacity.  A Winnebago rep came by to say hi while the DW and I were checking out the unit.  He told me that the 10' model year had 60% more storage than the 09'.  I could really tell the difference. 

I also learned the reason for the roof air on all the 11' model years.  It has everything to do with the addition of the new diesel fluid tank required on all the newer units. That back bay now holds the diesel fluid tank of about 25 gallons, and a catalytic converter.  I guess it was much easier to put the airs on the roof than the other two items.

Pics are coming!

Here is a few pics of the new rig. If all goes according to plan we pick her up Monday. 

Attachments

• 058a.jpg
    058a.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 044a.jpg
    044a.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 034a.jpg
    034a.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 069a.jpg
    069a.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 146
WOWIE!  I am sooooooooo jealous!  LOL!  You lucky devils!

I love my old 1994 Class C, Tioga Montara but I do wish I could I add a two foot slide to the living area.  Is that really possible?

I recently looked at a new Class C and all was going well, they offered me a great trade-in, but when they told me the payments would be $500 a month, well they lost me there. Mine is paid for and the thought of coughing up $500 a month when I still need to sell a heck of alot more books (Hurricanes and Hagovers)  just to get by each month, well, that was the deal breaker.  LOL!

Good luck moving in!

Yeah, I found several different companies that will install a slide in your rig.  There are some requirements so you would have to talk to one of them to find out. It was members here on the site that gave me the recommendations.  The extra slide for me is huge. 

We will need all the help we can get with the move!

WHOLLY SMOKIE...... That battery bay ALONE might be a good reason!!!

Great choice!

We just did the same a couple weekends ago. Also opted in favor of the 2010 versus taking a new 2011. You'll love it. The floorplan is perfect for 2 people (and two Scotties!). A very smooth drive.

Enjoy!

Dave

Yep I pretty excited about it! Can't wait to get into all the extra room, and the out side storage will be awesome. I know what you mean about the battery bay too. In my current rig I couldn't fit 4 six volt batteries in the tray so I stayed with three 12 volts.  Now I don't think that will be a problem! 

Dave, have you had a chance to check the MPG with the new rig yet?  I get 8-10 MPG in the current rig towing.  I wonder what the new 6.7 motor will get.  Well, I am about to find out!!

Sarge,

We haven't anything but short trip miles on the new coach yet. Will be traveling over the 4th of July and will do about 600 miles on that trip. That will tell us what fuel economy is like.

The real test will be our Wyoming vacation in August - about 2100 miles round trip.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom