I am about to buy a new RV!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks folks, getting nervous now. Tomorrow is the big switch day. Already stripped the current rig of about 3 grand worth of my personal additions.  The dealer doesn't care and doesn't want to be responsible  for anything extra.  So it will all go with me to the next rig.  Just lots of projects to do on the new rig! WooHoo!

Hey John, speaking of Xantrex the new Journey has one preinstalled from the factory.  I need to inspect it further tomorrow.  I know what you mean about pulling all the stuff out though.  The poor Itasca looks kind of naked now!

Congratulations on the new rig.
I can relate to all the butterflies in the stomach. I still wonder if I did the right thing. Still learning all the new gizmo's. Also starting to get very frustrated with it. I guess I bought too soon I wish mine had the Xantrex.

Well I managed to take a few more pics between projects.  This is at a park in Williamsburg, Michigan.

Attachments

• 016s.jpg
    016s.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Journey driver's side s.jpg
    Journey driver's side s.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 049s.jpg
    049s.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 051s.jpg
    051s.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 052s.jpg
    052s.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 068s.jpg
    068s.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 74
Here ya go John.  The new rig differs from the Meridian in lots of ways.  Some stuff is really cool, and some stuff that fell under the accountants ax I am going to miss.  For one, there is no more remote locks for the basement doors. Only the main door now, unless you special order from the factory. I really like the Sierra Maple cabinets with the coffee glaze.  It lightened up the inside of the rig without being too bright. The shower stall is much bigger which is nice, but the foot print of the bathroom is smaller.  Only one person now. No more squeezing in trying to get dressed at the same time as the wife.

The washer dryer option is turning out way cool too.  The wife will throw in a load or two a day and just let it run. Come back later and dry clothes.  And I am loving the power of the Cummins 6.7 engine. The turbo spools up much quicker and the hill pulling power is quite a bit more noticeable as well.  Haven't had the chance to check MPG yet, but that should be interesting too.  So far I am loving the new rig.

Having the third slide is way cool and is most of the reason we decided to move up now.  That and not wanting to deal with the urea fluid and new emissions of the 11' model year.

Attachments

• 029s.jpg
    029s.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 56
  • 030s.jpg
    030s.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 034a.jpg
    034a.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 036s.jpg
    036s.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 039s.jpg
    039s.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 047s.jpg
    047s.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 74
Oh my, I'm drooling.  I can't even mention motorhome to hubby.  I mean I've bought 2 in about  8 months.  I might have to look for a new home if I do. ;) and it might be my permanent one.  But hey one of those to live in permanently, hummm, have to think on that.  But maybe I better not. :-X

Nice, nice, nice!  I really like the cabinet finish - it looks like maple which is one of my favorite woods.  If maple would have been available on our Horizon, it would have won out over the cherry.

You should have lots of power with that Cummins and 34' of coach!  I'll have to get a tour (not a Tour, but a tour) at the GNR  8)

Thanks Gary! We are getting settled in and I am trying to remember where it was that I put all the stuff that I loaded up in a rush. We transferred everything so fast I lost track of some stuff. Now it's an Easter egg hunt trying to find that widget I put somewhere...........

Dave, have you had a chance to check the MPG with the new rig yet?  I get 8-10 MPG in the current rig towing.  I wonder what the new 6.7 motor will get.  Well, I am about to find out!!

Sarge,

We arrived back in Northern Illinois this afternoon after a 4 day trip downstate for a July 4 bash and birthday celebration. Now have at least some sense of the fuel mileage. We did not take a motorcycle trailer or pull a car on this trip, so it's strictly a loaded coach with gear and 2/3 full of fresh water and a full tank of diesel. Roundtrip was about 525 miles. Fuel economy varied between 11.5 and 12.5 mpg, the latter on the return trip with a stiff breeze at our backs. The cruise was set between 62 and 64mph. Noticed that this engine is SO much quieter and smoother than my previous coach with 8.1L Vortec. Will be doing some shorter hauls over the next few weekends before the Wyoming excursion.

Let us know what you see for mileage. This is better than I was planning on though I'm thinking a toad might subtract 0.5mpg or so.

Dave
edit; fixed quote.

WOW, those are some incredible numbers Dave!  I haven't fueled yet so I can't compare yet. Considering that the usual on my 32' coach while pulling the toad was 8-9 MPG. If this rig MPG actually went up I would be floored.  I am still looking for a place to get weighed so I can set the tire pressures on the rig.  My first fuel will be a loose estimate anyway as I can't say how full they filled the tank and then they had a significant amount of idle time and some generator usage.  I'll post up when I get the first fill. 

hey Sarge,
Looks niiceee.....
You mentioned a reworking of the storage between the 1st year of the 34Y and this one. Guess I'll wander by Barber RV and see what that's all about.  And a Prosine?

Yeah Jeff, 60% according to the Winne rep we spoke to.  That is what really sold me on the 10' instead of the 09'.  I would have had to hook another trailer behind the Jeep to tow my junk with the 09'!  The converter is 1000K instead of the 2000K that I had with the Meridian, but this one is a Xantrex instead of the Dimensions.  Kind of gives me the warm fuzzy not to have to worry too much about it. Not much to worry about for me though. IN the four years I had the Meridian all I ever used the inverter for was to run the Satellite and the TV. 

My #1 whine on the 34Y was the lack of storage, so I'll be interested to see what they've done. All's I know is it was way less than what we have now.
#2 on my whine list was they abandoned every florescent light in the coach in favor of 10W Halogen lamps (obviously designed by someone that has no clue about boondocking). That was then & this is now... The newer LED Halogen replacements are awsome, right down to the warmer color temps.

PS- I saw ur new front yard on your blog. Is that in or around DeLuz?

LOVE THE 34Y!!! And the Walnut grove paint is my absolute favorite out of all the choices! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at these online there - I think they had 2 more but now all are gone! This floor plan is really great! I started looking at the gasser with this floor plan, but just might be swayed by this one now!! All I need is some more $$$$, LOL!!! :)

Would love to know your thoughts as you spend even more time with this one! I read on one website that the 2011s have even more storage? Who knows though - could have been referring to the 2010 storage redesign. Odd, because I'm sure that new urea tank will take up at least one allocated space, I think.  Good move to snag a new 2010!!!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom