TWO TRIPS FROM HELL - ORIGINAL AND ITS SEQUEL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeandShirley

Well, we are done!  Very short-lived but full of grief! :eek:

Attachments

• rv log.doc
    42 KB · Views: 210
  • rv log sequel.doc
    36 KB · Views: 146
  • rv log-1.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 81
  • rv log sequel.pdf
    37.6 KB · Views: 46
Ouch! Sounds like you need to rename your coach "Murphy's Law". Congrats on finally getting home safely. Looks like your checkbook is the one that needs a vacation...  :-\

WOW!!!  We just read your posts, what a terrible trip for you.  Hope you are both recuperated and rested by now.  We met you at Jeff and Sue's at "Happy Trails" RV Resort after you arrived in Phoenix.  We thought your story was bad then, but it sure did get worse.  We are so sorry for all your problems.  We have had 4 coaches in 11 years and never have experienced anything like you did with any of them.  Did you say your 1998 coach only had 250 miles on it? Had it been stored for along time?  We are back in OR until Nov. 1 and then will be back at "Happy Trails" where we bought a lot.  If you ever get back there we are at lot #1384, do stop by!

Dean and Diane Kleinsmith

MikeandShirley said:
Well, we are done!  Very short-lived but full of grief! :eek:

Those of us without Microsoft Office or Open Office can't read .doc files. I can if I email it to myself and open it in Google documents. You should consider a blog or a text document.

Hi Seilerbird,

I can copy/paste it into a personal email for you if you'd like.  I had tried once to write a lengthy post here and it wouldn't allow me much space.  And as many who have read our logs know, it took up a LOT of space.  So that's why I sent it as two attachments.

Let me know if you'd like me to send it to you in a personal e-mail.

Hi DeanK,

Our MH NOW has 2000 miles on it.  When it crashed in Feb. it had only 70K on it.  We had to get a new odometer because ours stopped working (like everything else) and when Cummins installed it, they wouldn't put the original miles on it.  So it reset to zero.

Shirley

I went ahead and added pdf versions to the original message.

That is horrible, I hope we don't have issues with this one I bought.

What kind of diesel motorhome is that?

Wow, what a story. No it wouldn't make a good TV movie because there's no happy ending. :(

Were you folks the original owners?  My impression is you aren't.  And I wonder if the original owner got rid of it because of poor maintenance and they knew the motor was going to need replacing.  In which case an oil analysis might've helped.  On the other hand if the previous owner had just changed the oil then that likely wouldn't have helped you.

No, we just bought it last September from a wholesale lot.  Paid $62k for it.  It booked for $82 at the time.  We left it there for him to replace the cruise control, and do some maintenance on it i.e., oil changes, et al.  Got it in November and went on our first mini-trip in January for 3 days.  Had no problems of significance.  Then mid Feb, left for AZ.  Drove it all the way there without too many problems.  A circuit breaker went out on the generator and the carbon monoxide detector went off one night but that's about it.....until we blew the engine in Quartsite!  We're taking it over to the Diesel Doctor - a guy who used to work for Cummins and is THE "go to" guy here for all diesel engines.  Seems everyone knows him and he says Cummins stiffed us and is going to prove it to them.  We want very much to continue on as we haven't really had any fun in it yet,......but can we ever trust it again?  And then we've got so much money into it now, how do we sell it without taking a great hit?  All rhetorical questions.......not done pouting yet!  :-[

I wonder what caused that, just sounds odd doesn't it.  I thought diesels ran forever, 70000 miles shouldn't have been worn out should it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom