truck fifthwheel hitch and fifth wheel combination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rs3071

I'm new to the t trailer world, my wife and I own a 07 Chevy duramax new body style with 6.5 foot bed. And are going too buy, a 2006 34 ft cougar fifth wheel. any ideas on sliding hitch that would work well with that combination. I have a concern about the bed on the truck, on the new body style Chevy's the beds are 2inches deeper than the older ones. thank you very much lm looking for constructive advice

I have a Reese 16k pro it pivots side to side and has adjustments for height. I also got the slider because of the 6.5 ft bed.

i have an 05 chevy with the 6.5 bed i pull a 05 jayco eagle i am using a pullright super slide there pricy but well worth the money.  as far as the hieght of the bed goes you can adjust the pin box height so i dont think that would be much of an issue but i would look into it further to be sure

I have an 05 ext. cab shortbed, I do not use a slider, but have a Fifth Airborne Sidewinder pin box which eliminates the need for a slider hitch. My 5er hitch is adjustable as far as height goes, so that makes it easy to adjust for different setups.

I have a 2001 Ford F350 CrewCab Dually shortbox and pull a Cougar 5er with a Husky 16K hitch with the EZslider.  Nice hitch.  I didn't have the EZslide at first and quickly learned I needed it when I stuck the corner of my fifth wheel through my window.  Expensive lesson on that one!

If you have a shortbed truck, you need to pay attention to the front of the trailer when you back up! Or pay the extra bucks for slider hitch (and remember to engage the slider if it is not an autopmatic one).

thank you every body for you advice one of my biggest concerns is the bed height the bed on the new body style Chevy's is 2 inches deeper than what they call the classic. Is that going to cause a problem? but just cause the bed is deeper I don't know if the side rails are any higher off the ground. What I'm getting at am I going to have problems maintaining 6 inches of clearance while its in a straight line sitting on flat ground. thanks any good input is welcome

There is no answer to that until you try it with a particular trailer. Too many variables to analyze. Newer trucks do tend to have less clearance over the side rails than older models, though.

that's what I have been learning I know there has to be somebody out there with the same combination 07 duramax crew cab standard bed 06 cougar 296 if not exact pretty close

Could you measure it from the bottom of the camper to the kingpin, then add the height of the hitch to where the kingpin sits and compare it to the bed height measurement?

thanks i think that's the best advice yet not to discount any, its all good advice

Back
Top Bottom